When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for the best Rolex Sub from the best seller

qwer81

Hello guys, I would buy my first replica Rolex Submariner. I'm new "in this world" but I read a lot. From what I've learned, it seems that the best Rolex replicas are those sold by BK. And as for the Submariner Date, the best version is the Noob sub-c 116610 v2 with Swiss ETA movement.

You confirm? You recommended it to me or is there something better?

And submariner NO date? what is the best version?

Looks like you have at least been doing some research before asking the "Who has the best sub" question. Generally that question is met with some gentle and sometimes not so gentle flaming!! I don't keep up much with which is the latest and greatest Submariner. I have a genuine 16610 and that satisfies my "Sub appetite" I believe that many of the folks here would say that the TC is the best around now, but I would not take that as a fact.

AFA the movements, unless you have access to a watch before you buy and can tell the difference between an Asian clone movement, a genuine Swiss ETA and an "amalgam" movement which is a mixture of Asian and Swiss parts, then you are buying a "Pig in a Poke". There are almost no new Swiss ETA movements available to the rep manufacturers, so what they are doing is cannibalizing old watches, which may have and old, dirty, worn out movement. Substituting some Asian clone and selling it for the price of a Swiss movement or using some ETA parts and some Asian parts to make a movement. At the very least, anything you buy is likely to be dirty and dry, or over oiled. I understand that TC uses a pretty good grade Asian movement. From the posts, it seems to be a good movement and is not any more problematic than an ETA.. Back  a few years back, if you bought a rep with a Swiss ETA movement, you were assured that it was as described. it might be dirty, as they were buying unsealed movements in bulk, and were exposed to the dust dirt, human detritus that floats around in every rep makers workshop. No matter what movement you have, if it gets dust or lint or a human hair inside during the assembly process, it could cause problems later.

All I can say is keep reading, hopefully some of the guys here who are more up to date on the contemporary sub reps will chime in here and help you out.

• Like 1

TC only makes the older non ceramic 16610 (recently started offering the LV Green bezel/maxi dial version).

TCs is considered the best bc the quality is by far better than any rep from china.

It has gen like construction which means it will take gen parts. Dial printing quality is also pretty amazing.

I have a TC v6 and honestly see no point in owning a gen of it. TC is THAT good.

For the ceramic 116610, bk is prob your best bet. He gets his from the noob factory but does quite a bit of mods to them like.. Swapping the movement out to a sellita, using his own date wheel overlay that better mimics the gen. Aligning the dial with the rehaut engravings..etc

Even with all that the ceramics reps are easy to spot IMO. The hands and the bezel are easy tells.

If you want a ceramic sub, your best bet is bk.

If you want a sub that looks closest to gen, TC is the way to go.

Chk out TCs blog. You'll see why it's considered the best sub.

Just google TC submariner.

• Like 1

I agree, with all the latest Rolex reps, the ceramic bezel is a big tell. look at the photos of a genuine and then look at a rep bezel, the numbers are totally different, depth, width and the platinum that Rolex uses for the numbers has not been replicated. IF you want and accurate sub that will be as close to  genuine as you can get,  I would go for the TC. Otherwise the BK for the ceramic.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, you convinced me :)

If I want to buy a NO DATE, what is the best one out there? The replicas are accurate as the date?

Two questions to TC:

Do you know how long it takes for the shipping / receiving?

On some Submariner TC I saw that the second hand is red: Why ?

The subs didn't start coming with ARd cyclops until the ceramics I believe so it's not a must but it's a nice upgrade to have if you have the spare $300 or so. I just went with the flat crystal option and love it that way.

Gen insert isn't a must. I guess it all depends on how picky you are. His new inserts look pretty good but nothing beats a gen.

I was honestly pretty happy with his old insert but got a great deal on a used gen so I went with it.

Again. Not must haves but nice upgrades if funds allow.

i had nothing but trouble with the last 2 TC Subs i had-

(crown, movement, datewheel and general quality problems)

i whould not recommend an TC Sub if you are not willing to work on your watches and have an rep-friendly watchsmith.

cheers,

Frank  

i had nothing but trouble with the last 2 TC Subs i had-

(crown, movement, datewheel and general quality problems)

i whould not recommend an TC Sub if you are not willing to work on your watches and have an rep-friendly watchsmith.

cheers,

Frank  

Thank you for your testimony. Which submariner (model) you've got problems? And what kind of problems?

Thanks!

one 16610 and one 16610 LV -

typical problem : the movemnt unwinds himself - the crown breakes = you can not manualy wind the watch -

the TC datewheel overlay is just mounted with some stripes of double-side tape = sooner or later the date will hang low or not switch over alone.

even after a service the movemnt feel cheap compared the gen ETA.

dont get me wrong - the watches look great - esp after some gen parts are installed - but with all the problems i had, they burned a big hole in my pocket  ;)

maybe i was unlucky - i also did not get the watches from TC direct - i got them in member trades ... which i tend to be unlucky with latly .... hello "Indec" :pimp: 

cheers,

Frank 

Star 69 - You were unlucky, there was a specific batch of TC´s with that problem, took some time until he discovered it with his movement supplier, there is a thread about it. It´s been sorted out meanwhile (since +- 2 months).

As for "the best" etc. it´s a bit of a trick question. No doubt, the TC has better quality but it also comes at a "better" price. It is the best available. Some are perfectionists, others just like to wear the watch or different types of watches. My 2 cheapest ($118 and $168) - 1 Year later - get as much wrist-time as my TC and an Explorer II 16570 with asian ETA even gets more.

The most "value per $" imo is the $238 BP Seadweller, after that one each 1% better costs unproportionally more. By the way the same goes for the Noob Sub-C You first mentioned. And it goes for cars as well, the best and most expensive Porsche Carrera does not have comfortable seats, it has manual windows made of plastic, manual gearshift, no radio and no air-conditioning. It still is " the best" for purists.

2nd take on this is, You can start with the TC and than get the others or You can start at a lower level and than maybe get the TC (or not, if You are already satisfied).

Tc with Yachtmaster seconds hand and BP Seadweller

TC1024_0630c11_zps74c7851b.jpg

To make this more interesting, for less than the TC You also get a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

DW2_0749c_zps63d70645.jpg

it has a lumed bezel

BP_byDW1024_0260fc_zpsa30956df.jpg

All I´m saying is to choose wisely because You are able to spend a lot of money in repworld really quick.