When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is It A Good Idea Of Having 2 Watches When Traveling Abroad?

woody

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I dont have any fakes and I totally disapprove of that kind of behavior. I came on this board to find out about counterfeit goods so I would not end up with one on my next Ebay purchase.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Oh Lord, our hero . . . the guy who was going to lawyer up and take on the world a few moments ago . . . sorry Dude, I wasn't trying to scare ya to death.

It's OK Toni. Really . . . you can read this thread for a month or two and you'll note that nobody else is likely to follow with "OMG, you mean . . .". The only RWG member to be shocked is you.

Bill

Well I dont have any fakes and I totally disapprove of that kind of behavior. I came on this board to find out about counterfeit goods so I would not end up with one on my next Ebay purchase.

I live in France where mere possession of counterfeit goods is illegal. I have loads of reps.

I live in France where mere possession of counterfeit goods is illegal. I have loads of reps.

Wow . . . imagine, what if it became illegal to possess these things here?

What would I do with these - and I just ordered another batch of MBWs from George.

I guess I'd need a BIG safety deposit box in a foreign bank somewhere.

Bill

post-223-1166232455_thumb.jpg

post-223-1166232477_thumb.jpg

post-223-1166232496_thumb.jpg

TJGladeRaider nothing personal, I deleted all my posts on this board. I have nothing against you or law enforcement I understand your job. I really need to get life and get off the Internet. If i going to get in trouble for something I really don't want it to be for something as silly as this. Id rather at least have fun. lol

Edited by tonyp1

TJGladeRaider nothing personal, I deleted all my posts on this board. I have nothing against you or law enforcement I understand your job. I really need to get life and get off the Internet. If i going to get in trouble for something I really don't want it to be for something as silly as this. Id rather at least have fun. lol

I do believe that this is the first time my presence here has been a problem; I don't know what to say.

I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Bill

Did you get the bit where he said he's an EX-Federal agent? As in not any more?

Did you get the bit where he said he's an EX-Federal agent? As in not any more?

Yes my wife would freankin kill or divorce me if I embarrassed her by being arrested for counterfeit goods. She pays most of the bills so I really dont have much to say in the matter. I think all of you are terrific and taltend guys being able to fix a broken watch when all I can do is just stare at it.

Edited by tonyp1

Yes my wife would freankin kill or divorce me if I embarrassed her by being arrested for counterfeit goods.

You're in the US, right? They can't arrest you for a replica watch or two. You need to be trafficking in watches and have a few hundred for sale before they arrest you.

Wow . . . imagine, what if it became illegal to possess these things here?

What would I do with these - and I just ordered another batch of MBWs from George.

I guess I'd need a BIG safety deposit box in a foreign bank somewhere.

Bill

Man Bill, forgot about your collection there for a second, but that picture brought the memory right back. quick question, does any of your winder still work well? I had one of the 8 watch, 4 winder box, and I used to had it on constantly, and needless to say, it died in a few months, and now none of the motor work at all. Just curious to know if yours is still "turning" along.....

You're in the US, right? They can't arrest you for a replica watch or two. You need to be trafficking in watches and have a few hundred for sale before they arrest you.

I hope your right. I just GOOGLED a story about a man who was spotted by ROLEX lawyers wearing a counterfeit watch. He was arrested and sentence to 6 months in jail where he was reportedly sodomized repeatedly.

I hope your right. I just GOOGLED a story about a man who was spotted by ROLEX lawyers wearing a counterfeit watch. He was arrested and sentence to 6 months in jail where he was reportedly sodomized repeatedly.

And you believed it? It was made up to scare people. Looks like it worked.

Man Bill, forgot about your collection there for a second, but that picture brought the memory right back. quick question, does any of your winder still work well? I had one of the 8 watch, 4 winder box, and I used to had it on constantly, and needless to say, it died in a few months, and now none of the motor work at all. Just curious to know if yours is still "turning" along.....

They all work perfectly - I have a total of . . . well, let's just say a lot more boxes than that.

Bill

Tell you what. You contact Rolex and tell them that there is a nasty man in SW Florida with a HUGE pile of counterfeit Rollies and have them come chat with me about it.

Neither Rolex, nor their attorneys, nor their investigators, have the authority to arrest anyone.

Bill

I'm sorry, but I missed the "sodomized repeatedly" part. Please send me the link to that story . . . unless of course that wa your own, peculiar embellishment.

Bill

Sorry that was a smart ass post someone made on a BB where I found this link. Heck who's to say it didnt happen to the poor guy. As vengeful as Rolex is now days they might have even paid for it to happen :bicycle:

Edited by tonyp1

Such paranoia!!! If your watch was attached to a pound of semtex as a timing device than I could see that customs might take exception to that!!! I carry a couple of thousand £ worth of camera gear with me on travels and a couple of watches - never been an issue and I have not pre registered my camera gear! What possible reason would there be for a customs dude to stop you for having 2 watches - one of which you would be wearing!! Unless of course you were sweating over the crack in your [censored]!!!

Heck who's to say it didnt happen to the poor guy. As vengeful as Rolex is now days they might have even paid for it to happen :bicycle:

Belgian prisons aren't US prisons. Rolex aren't the Mafia. You need a serious dose of reality.

Haha... this topic is funny... there is nothing wrong with taking a few watches when you travel to asia... as long as you don't bring a whole briefcase of watches like the others mentioned...

I think one on your wrist and maybe another 2 in the bag is ok.

Take as many as you like, as long as you don't get stopped. :D