When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yatchmaster 14Kt Gold from Paul (PT)

Bansenshukai

On the heels of my successful order from Joshua (whom, by the way, was a pleasure to do business with - I highly recommend him), I decided to give Paul - from Precious Time - a try. I'll tell you this, with Joshua, I took a big leap of faith and did the transaction via Western Union knowing that it was a point of "no return". But, Joshua did not fail me and he is true to his word. I'll deal with him again. I'm taking the same leap of faith with Paul - and as I understand it, his "word is as good as gold". :)

Honestly, Paul's post regarding genuine gold on some of his watches got my attention. So, I contacted him. I looked over his website and settled on the Yatchmaster 14Kt Genuine Gold Two Tone with Blue Dial. Based on the excellent Yatchmaster I got from Joshua, I wanted to give this one a try.

The reason I'm trying out two different dealers is that after seeing my reps, I have about 15 people interested in making purchases. Imagine a bunch of guys on a deployment with nowhere to spend any money for the next six months and you can see the big picture; dropping a couple of hundred dollars on a watch is not a big deal to us at this point.

Anyway, I will keep you all posted on the purchase and send photos when I get it in. The only concern right now is shipping and tracking of the order.

PS - For some reason, my once fast Speedmaster has begun to keep time properly all of the sudden. I'm still going to get it serviced by The Zigmeister, however.

The reason I'm trying out two different dealers is that after seeing my reps, I have about 15 people interested in making purchases. Imagine a bunch of guys on a deployment with nowhere to spend any money for the next six months and you can see the big picture; dropping a couple of hundred dollars on a watch is not a big deal to us at this point.

First, thanks for your service. Second, money to burn or no, you guys can find any watch Krazy Paul offers at a similar price with nearly zero hassle. Read Paul's reviews on the old RWG, and I guarantee you'll come to understand why he is the most expensive dealer many people have ever done business with.

First, thanks for your service. Second, money to burn or no, you guys can find any watch Krazy Paul offers at a similar price with nearly zero hassle. Read Paul's reviews on the old RWG, and I guarantee you'll come to understand why he is the most expensive dealer many people have ever done business with.

Well, like I mentioned in the other post (other topic), this is partly "experimental". There are a lot of folks suddenly interested in reps down here and, as I find out more about different dealers, I'll guide the purchases in that direction. After all, these are guys I've been in firefights with and I will not allow them to get taken advantage of. Besides that, I think competition is good for the economy. That's why there are many different dealers. We'll see. Thank you so much for your input. This kind of stuff goes into my personal "rucksack" of knowledge.

I'm confused here, Precious Time is at www.precioustime-uk.com and Krazy Paul is at www.aspire-eshop.com

Who are you getting the watch from?

Reading your post it's difficult to say whether PT's name is Paul and you are dealing with him, or you are dealing with Paul from Aspire (Abay) after reading Precious Time's post about his two tone gold bracelets?

The only dealers I know that have solid gold used in their reps are MBW and Precious Time. I think River and Joshua maybe have one or two reps that are solid gold.

I'm confused here, Precious Time is at www.precioustime-uk.com and Krazy Paul is at www.aspire-eshop.com

Who are you getting the watch from?

Reading your post it's difficult to say whether PT's name is Paul and you are dealing with him, or you are dealing with Paul from Aspire (Abay) after reading Precious Time's post about his two tone gold bracelets?

The only dealers I know that have solid gold used in their reps are MBW and Precious Time. I think River and Joshua maybe have one or two reps that are solid gold.

It's funny you write that because I went to the old site and spent about an hour reading each and every post regarding Precious Time and found, maybe, one bad review on him (and it really wasn't that bad) among dozens of good ones. I kept seeing references to someone related to "Aspire", however (when my "search" criteria was just "Paul" and not "Precious Time"). Some of the prices I saw quoted did not match what Precious Time "Paul" has quoted me. So, I think that it is a case of mistaken identities. So far, the transaction has gone well. He's communicated with me at every step. There are literally about $2300 USD worth of business coming his way once I determine that he's "good to go". I kid you not, the list of my fellow special operators interested in these watches is growing at an incredible rate. Just today, I had guys from two different teams knocking at my door with "Hey, I heard you got some cool watches...". Yesterday, there was a guy from another team that wants to buy three reps and thinks that five other guys in his team want a few. One of our "support" soldiers wants a Breitling rep. So, I'm going to split some of this business over to Joshua as well, as he did right by me already. As soon as I get my Precious Time stuff "squared away", I'll let the other fellas know - I'm basically on the "recon" patrol for reps for all the guys. Had I known it was going to get this hectic over reps over here (in our firebase), I would have kept my mouth shut. But, I'm not going to turn a fellow warrior away when all he wants is to share in the fun of a quality rep. However ... the jury is still out on this purchase ... I'll keep you all posted.

it's so funny that our soldiers are now funding global terrorism

(i'm being totally 100 percent sarcastic, thanks for your service and you're right precious time and aspire are two different entities

reps don't fund terrorism by the way)

Actually ... you are almost right. It depends on what market you gravitate to. There are certain places in South America ... Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay, for instance, where the market of all types of reps (to include DVDs, watches, purses and even some electronics) funds some of these terrorist groups. Of course, that is also a reason I don't purchase anything from local vendors (where I am currently at). It's too bad, because many of these local vendors are not related to the bad guys. But, how can one tell? I've had an IED detonate no more than 34 feet away from me, so ... I don't play that game.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to update this.

Well, I ordered the watch from Paul but never received it. I don't think the problem was Paul, but his method of shipment. I had suggested he use DHL as I've been using it with Joshua exclusively this whole time. Paul went with another service. DHL has an office no more than 100 meters from where I am sitting right now. However, the service Paul likes to use essentially uses regular mail. So, once the item left the UK, there was no way to track it and it was put through the corrupt local mailing system here once it got into country (assuming it actually made it into country). Needless to say, I have never seen my $600 investment. But, Paul did have aparent valid reasons for insisting on using his usual service and, after he explained them to me, they seemed reasonable. I still disagreed with them, but they are valid reasons non-the-less.

I had several buyers lined-up for Paul - about thirteen (mainly because of his ability to obtain 14Kt TT models). However, due to my experience, I funneled all the buys towards Joshua and we went with stainless steel models instead. So far, the purchases are so many (like 3 reps a person) that I had to build an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of them along with Joshua (I sent Joshua the same spreadsheet). Anyway, I hope to buy from Paul in the future, when I get back to the US.

My bottom-line assessment is that he is most likely a really good dealer. Unfortunately, our first transaction did not go well, so I had to shift to someone else.

I forgot to update this.

Well, I ordered the watch from Paul but never received it. I don't think the problem was Paul, but his method of shipment. I had suggested he use DHL as I've been using it with Joshua exclusively this whole time. Paul went with another service. DHL has an office no more than 100 meters from where I am sitting right now. However, the service Paul likes to use essentially uses regular mail. So, once the item left the UK, there was no way to track it and it was put through the corrupt local mailing system here once it got into country (assuming it actually made it into country). Needless to say, I have never seen my $600 investment. But, Paul did have aparent valid reasons for insisting on using his usual service and, after he explained them to me, they seemed reasonable. I still disagreed with them, but they are valid reasons non-the-less.

I had several buyers lined-up for Paul - about thirteen (mainly because of his ability to obtain 14Kt TT models). However, due to my experience, I funneled all the buys towards Joshua and we went with stainless steel models instead. So far, the purchases are so many (like 3 reps a person) that I had to build an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of them along with Joshua (I sent Joshua the same spreadsheet). Anyway, I hope to buy from Paul in the future, when I get back to the US.

My bottom-line assessment is that he is most likely a really good dealer. Unfortunately, our first transaction did not go well, so I had to shift to someone else.

I am very confused. Yes there is a Precious Time (PT) and there is Pure Time and Paul from Aspire. PT (I've never heard of him referred to as Paul, In fact I don't believe his real name is Paul) however I have never heard of or read a single bad review regarding PT. I have purchased four (4) reps from him and they have always come quickly and in good shape. I had one watch (3rd edition PO) stop working, I took it to a local jewler, he fixed it. I emailed PT asked me what it cost and gave me a credit off my next purchase. PT wrote the article on his watch's being solid 14 K on the midlinks and crown. If you order a watch from him and didn't get I would suggest you bug him. His reputation is very Precious to him believe me.

Sean

And I see he is reading right now, can you let us know if you are also Paul? This is all getting a little confusing.

I can say I have had one transaction with him, along with numerous emails, and he's been great. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And I see he is reading right now, can you let us know if you are also Paul? This is all getting a little confusing.

I can say I have had one transaction with him, along with numerous emails, and he's been great. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Let's see if I can clear any confusion. The gentleman I'm referring to as Paul uses PT as his signature on his e-mail communications and his e-mail begins with "watchcentre@".

Maybe I'm referring to him as "Paul" erronously.

If you order a watch from him and didn't get I would suggest you bug him. His reputation is very Precious to him believe me.

Sean, you have a point. But, it is not my style to bug a dealer. To make money, one has to spend (invest) some money. Joshua has actually absorbed a similar situation with one of his watches; and the cost was more than $600 due to the movement involved. But, Joshua's willingness to absorb this has brought him the sale of 35 reps ranging from $200 to $930 a rep (that was the one that got lost - the most expensive one having a pretty expensive movement) in about one month - and that's just from one customer - me (as I refer him to other customers here). Since Joshua did that for us on his own, he got our business. I believe a dealer should take a direct interest in his own business and shouldn't need to be "bugged". I'm not saying that PT is not interested in my business. However, had he risked as Joshua did, he'd be doing business with us right now. Then again, Joshua's business bottom line might be bigger, thus allowing him to risk that much. Who knows?

Let's see if I can clear any confusion. The gentleman I'm referring to as Paul uses PT as his signature on his e-mail communications and his e-mail begins with "watchcentre@".

Maybe I'm referring to him as "Paul" erronously.

Sean, you have a point. But, it is not my style to bug a dealer. To make money, one has to spend (invest) some money. Joshua has actually absorbed a similar situation with one of his watches; and the cost was more than $600 due to the movement involved. But, Joshua's willingness to absorb this has brought him the sale of 35 reps ranging from $200 to $930 a rep (that was the one that got lost - the most expensive one having a pretty expensive movement) in about one month - and that's just from one customer - me (as I refer him to other customers here). Since Joshua did that for us on his own, he got our business. I believe a dealer should take a direct interest in his own business and shouldn't need to be "bugged". I'm not saying that PT is not interested in my business. However, had he risked as Joshua did, he'd be doing business with us right now. Then again, Joshua's business bottom line might be bigger, thus allowing him to risk that much. Who knows?

Maybe I should have used another term rather than bugged. Because I've never had to bug him for anything. I'm just very surprised to see the semi flame. He's just been so fast in his response to questions his shipping has been first rate and his quality has been pretty good too. I've bought watches from other dealers and no one responds like PT at least none that I've run across. As far as having conflict with receiving watches or watches that don't work, PT has always stood by the product. Maybe he was having a bad day or something, its just very out of character.

Sean K

Hello all, found this thread thanks to sean. Lets Clear things up as i have a 100% track record on all boards and intend to keep it that way.

First of All PT is just PT - No Paul, No Angus No whatever.... Just PT

Without going into to much detail (security reasons), Shipping from Asia is much easier as shipping agents are used. If you want to send by fed ex, dhl , ups etc... its much easier as the agents will even pack the reps for you.

Where im from (Not asia) I have to actually go to DHL /FED EX office etc.. and they are 100 times stricter than asia. Also sending to a country like Afghanistan if i remember correctly they will definatley inspect the package. I can always say its a genuine item, but then have to declare the value which will give you customs issues. There are times where DHL will accept the package without looking at it.

On another note. The service i used is signed for and trackable until it raches the destination country. At this point the local courier firm will trat the mail as express and it should be trackable on there website. e.g. usps will take over tracking. In Afghanistan im not sure such a service is available.

Now for the Good news. I have found an alternate route to use DHL/UPS

It took a while but now i am able to ship via these methods.

Nouns Defions, I hope we can do business again, using new method of shipment, and because of your previous loss i will take this into consideration and give you 50% off your next purchase :)

Let me know Im happy to help and most importantly i have too keep my 100% track record up :)

Regards

PT

There you go :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And to everyone Precious Time is known as PT and NOT Paul or Pure Time or Angus.... hopefully the confusion is now gone.

As far as I know, Paul is with Aspire,

and Pure Time is Angus.

Both are based in the Far East.

Precious Time is in the EU.

:whistling:

... I'm just very surprised to see the semi flame.

Sean K

I would not be to characterize this as any kind of flame. Like I stated previously, my assessment of PT is that he is most likely a really good dealer. I'll restate this to ensure understanding: "My assessment of PT is that he is most likely a really good dealer."

Also, I did state that his reasons for using a different shipping method were valid reasons.

Also, I stated that I want to do business with him when I get to the US.

So, there is no "flame" of the man. Not even a "semi" flame. I will not see a good dealer's reputation marred by even the perception that something unfairly negative has been written about him. I wouldn't do it with Joshua and I certainly would not do it to PT. My statements have been factual and based on the actual events but were never intended to undermind the man himself. He still remains as his reputation has sustained him.

PT - I guarantee you that I will purchase from you. If you can find a way to send the stuff to me here, I got a lot of customers interested in two tone watches. I just wanted them to hold off until my own order made it here. I'd rather risk my own money first than their money. But, we're good. Your next, there's no doubt about it.

And SeanK, thanks for bringing up the confusion about PT and "Paul". Had you not brought it up, I'd still be all screwed-up. Thanks, buddy.

De Oppresso Liber!

I would not be to characterize this as any kind of flame. Like I stated previously, my assessment of PT is that he is most likely a really good dealer. I'll restate this to ensure understanding: "My assessment of PT is that he is most likely a really good dealer."

Also, I did state that his reasons for using a different shipping method were valid reasons.

Also, I stated that I want to do business with him when I get to the US.

So, there is no "flame" of the man. Not even a "semi" flame. I will not see a good dealer's reputation marred by even the perception that something unfairly negative has been written about him. I wouldn't do it with Joshua and I certainly would not do it to PT. My statements have been factual and based on the actual events but were never intended to undermind the man himself. He still remains as his reputation has sustained him.

PT - I guarantee you that I will purchase from you. If you can find a way to send the stuff to me here, I got a lot of customers interested in two tone watches. I just wanted them to hold off until my own order made it here. I'd rather risk my own money first than their money. But, we're good. Your next, there's no doubt about it.

And SeanK, thanks for bringing up the confusion about PT and "Paul". Had you not brought it up, I'd still be all screwed-up. Thanks, buddy.

De Oppresso Liber!

No problem. Are you in the Armed Forces? If you are we are all proud my friend

Edited by seank1

Post #4

I guess I was ignored :(

Post #4

I guess I was ignored :(

Ok, now I feel like the jackass. I'm sorry. I re-read your post. Thanks also, Chronus. You guys rock!

On another note, you don't know how pumped the guys get when they go out on a mission knowing that by the time they return (some times, many days), there will be a brand new rep waiting for them. The excitment of not knowing exactly what it'll look like, the fact that it looks so close to the real thing and the challenge of getting your next best rep ... it's all so much fun. And really, it makes our days easier to bear. Honestly, I'm glad I found out about this hobby, found this (and the original site) and have interacted with you gentlemen. It brightens our days.

"De Oppresso Liber!"