When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 springbars

bluesme519

Anyone tried this out?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/400816707783?_mwBanner=1

Can I use this? I'm newbie and want to hear some words from you guys who r experts. For me it is 2mm and for 20mm rug . The shape of it looks similar to those which r used for 1016 bracelets.

Or, I ordered folded bracelet from josh. Does it have fine spring bars?

Edited by bluesme519

The best aftermarket option is the "Aussie" aka "Fasci" springbars from eBay seller "twente(o)".(http://www.ebay.com/sch/twente%28o%29/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=).

This assumes your case accepts the fat springbars, or has been drilled to accommodate them, and that your endlinks can accept the fat springbars as well.

Edited by tomhorn

The Josh vintage folded bracelet "7836" I received needed to be drilled out to accept 2mm bars. Both the bracelet and end links. The end links were not a great fit on my Jmb 1016 case and WSO 580 end links fit better. Initially I used WSO spring bars but have switched to ST. Maybe if I used these other bars recommended above I would not have needed to modify the bracelet but I do believe it was set up for 1.8 bars.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

I'm just eyeballing it, but these look like Submariner-sized bars. If you were to use these on a 1016, I'd recommend filing them so the tips don't protrude from the lugholes. Also, if you check my past threads (link below), I compared several aftermarket springbars with genuine 1016 bars.