When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone ever hear of MK cases from HK?

Beachcomber

this is an HR case mate ! I have one and the quality of it isn't very good actually, especially the bezel assembly which is made of very cheap material, and it is not gen specs, the Crystal also isn't gen specs, the OD isn't same as gen.

The good thing about this case is the fact that it can take a gen ROLEX caliber inside,

And the insert is very nice but the pearl is too big and not very accurate

HR stated the crown of the case as a 7030 but it is actually a 702 one, the long coronet engraved on the crown doesn't look bad though.

The negative point about it is the small crown guards, the whole bezel assembly with the Crystal

And the engravings of the case if it came with engravings.

PS: HR is Helena Rou a seller on eBay, a lot of member uses her cases on the homage forum for her big crown cases, milsub or 5513/ Tudor snow flake.

Hope this help !

Here are some pictures of the cases when HR engraves it:

941ceda2691e3300bc286dd540603ec0.jpg

9027302d1619ae4defa0a9d61ad11f78.jpg

Here is the beZel assembly of it, quiet poor :

b5101ea45f05ca0d8c085b5aef19c0cf.jpg

Hr told me that her crown is a 703 but actually it is a 702, I have tried to fit it in a gen 703 tube and it didn't then I realized that the thread of her crown, comes from the top to the bottom of the crown, like the 702 crowns and she told me that it fit her gen 5513 1969 tube, which is possible because the 5513 was launched with a 702 crown and tube then has been replaced by the 703 by RSC when you have your gen watch services:

e385f87dc45f533fc8a3b2860b6a7dc6.jpg

Wow, thanks for that information, I was thinking the CGs looked a little off but wasn't sure and that bezel assembly is really poor. I'm not thinking of putting a gen movement in it so that's really irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. The case is sterile without engravings. I appreciate this as you just saved me a sizable amount as the seller wanted about $400 for it. Wow, I guess he saw me coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, thanks for that information, I was thinking the CGs looked a little off but wasn't sure and that bezel assembly is really poor. I'm not thinking of putting a gen movement in it so that's really irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. The case is sterile without engravings. I appreciate this as you just saved me a sizable amount as the seller wanted about $400 for it. Wow, I guess he saw me coming.

400USD ? Lol HR sells it for like 200USD on eBay shipped you just have to ask her for the "branded logo version"

It looks like someone wanted to make some extra money with you

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321607985115 200USD from HR, just ask her for the branded version if you want the ROLEX logo on the crown and with the engravings ..

She also offer the 5517 case set for milsub with fixed bars and 60 minutes graduated bezel insert

un-[censored]-believable, once again, thanks for the info, he was also trying to sell me a dial he said he made for a good chunk of change as well. I can't believe some people. He said it was a MK case as well, I guess so I couldn't look it up and find out the real price. This wonderful human being is on Repgeek.

un-[censored]-believable, once again, thanks for the info, he was also trying to sell me a dial he said he made for a good chunk of change as well. I can't believe some people. He said it was a MK case as well, I guess so I couldn't look it up and find out the real price. This wonderful human being is on Repgeek.

You are welcome my friend I am glad I helped you ! This is why this place is meant for !

By the way HR is also able to make you a ROLEX dial aged with lume with the hands and trust me they are pretty damn good !! Better than any rep dial that TD 's offer or yuki offer. Actually the only good dials I have seen are the one from Whoopy and HR. Just ask her she will help you for your build !

I am also on RepGeek, I will PM you

Hmmm, I wonder if it is even a REAL imitation replica case!!??  :Jumpy:

Now, the sterile HR case-base looks to be a good candidate for inner engraving.  Too bad they used laser engraving on their "signed" version...

Hmmm, I wonder if it is even a REAL imitation replica case!!?? :Jumpy:

Now, the sterile HR case-base looks to be a good candidate for inner engraving. Too bad they used laser engraving on their "signed" version...

As you know there is not such an 1:1 rep case especially at this price .. The best alternative to gen is phong 5513 case

No expert but I agree the HR dials are pretty nice. My HR 6538 which is on the way for a dome plexi and new insert which takes some modding to make work but you can see the dial is decent for printed gilt.

cdf29cad7b7d953933145187c9e6faac.jpg

31ed63f55132b8e014c8bec53b7d8c1b.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

This is actually pretty funny :)

Helenarou goes by MK. I have designed several of his dials (6538, 6200). If you want to re-read my email, I never said that it was an exact copy of the gen 5513 case. I said "he purchased a gen 5513 case when producing his cases". I designed several of his dials for him in preparation for his case production, this is how I know. I purchased this case a while ago and paid almost $400 including shipping..  If he sells them on eBay for less than that, then clearly I got a bad deal.

- Whoop

I'll save you the trouble, here's the email, I apologize but I assumed you meant that it was an exact copy since you stated that he bought a gen 5513 and produced cases from that. Thank goodness I asked the question here and never mentioned your name, I only wanted more information on the accuracy of the case since I had no idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkdfa1bf6c5bd8434bdd3ef9aed515a053.jpg