When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Need a UK member to help with a shipment

Hi guys, I have a really nice AP ROO White dial Rubberclad that I bought M2M here a few months ago. The watch is very well traveled, having been to Domi for and AR as well as relume. For some reason, Domi didn't do a service, so the watch was sent to Vac who serviced it. When I bought it, it was DOA. I sent it to Vac who did a full service and sent it back to me it was running erratic and the chrono hands were off. I sent it back and he corrected the hands but told me that the only way it would run is to disconnect the chrono mechanism. It ran OK for a few weeks, but now it sounds like the mainspring is slipping. Has a dismal power reserve and stops frequently. I have spent a bunch on this watch , but really like it. Wondering if I might be able to get someone in the UK to drop ship it to Domi for a full service and jewel mod? Or should I cut my losses and just try with another one, maybe use this relumed dial, hands and crystal cyclops?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

You still have problems with the watch? Very sorry to hear but had an A7750 serviced by domi and it runns like a champ and is extrememy silent. He does perfect work and I am 100% he gets your watch running again!:) just needs a lot of time but it will be more than worth it :) good look unfortunately I am not staying in uk otherwise I would be glad to help you out.

sgtguk was kind enough to offer to help with transshipping to Domi. I'm not sure right now what I'm going to do. thought about selling it, posted it and then withdrew it, can't afford to sell it for what I could get for it, too much invested !! I'm going to do something, but I need to see what my options are. I agree Domi would probably be the best option, as he can service the movement, do the jewel mods and probably have a reasonably stable movement for a while. Right now, the pressing thing is selling a couple of watches and freeing up some funds as well as space in my watch box. Way too many watches, way too little funds!!  

sgtguk was kind enough to offer to help with transshipping to Domi. I'm not sure right now what I'm going to do. thought about selling it, posted it and then withdrew it, can't afford to sell it for what I could get for it, too much invested !! I'm going to do something, but I need to see what my options are. I agree Domi would probably be the best option, as he can service the movement, do the jewel mods and probably have a reasonably stable movement for a while. Right now, the pressing thing is selling a couple of watches and freeing up some funds as well as space in my watch box. Way too many watches, way too little funds!!

Very kind offer of him :) I tottaly understand your dilemma. I am sure there will be people all over the watch for the quality parts but in case you really like the watch and intend to wear it Domi is deffinitely the man to go. Either way I wish you good luck :) I certainly don't have as much watches as you do but as a student I have the same problems with funds ;)

Very kind offer of him :) I tottaly understand your dilemma. I am sure there will be people all over the watch for the quality parts but in case you really like the watch and intend to wear it Domi is deffinitely the man to go. Either way I wish you good luck :) I certainly don't have as much watches as you do but as a student I have the same problems with funds ;)

Sir, I can certainly sympathize, long, long ago, I was a student too. I went back to college, then to Med School and  then and Anesthesia training program, about 7 years and we were as poor as church mice. Wife and two small kids. I  can't even remember what watch I had back then, but it was probably a Timex!! It wasn't watches, it was a watch bought at a drugstore for 10 bucks. Prior to going back to school at almost age 30, I had a couple of nice gen Rolexes, an Airking my wife gave me, traded for a DJ and then traded for a sub 1680. When I decided to go back to school I sold the sub, as tuition was more important than a watch at the time.

Be patient, soon school days will be behind you, and then you will begin reap the rewards of your hard work.

Sir, I can certainly sympathize, long, long ago, I was a student too. I went back to college, then to Med School and then and Anesthesia training program, about 7 years and we were as poor as church mice. Wife and two small kids. I can't even remember what watch I had back then, but it was probably a Timex!! It wasn't watches, it was a watch bought at a drugstore for 10 bucks. Prior to going back to school at almost age 30, I had a couple of nice gen Rolexes, an Airking my wife gave me, traded for a DJ and then traded for a sub 1680. When I decided to go back to school I sold the sub, as tuition was more important than a watch at the time.

Be patient, soon school days will be behind you, and then you will begin reap the rewards of your hard work.

Thanks for your motivating words. I hope it turns out like that and after all student life isn't that bad at all, but sometimes even reps are not in the budget ;) any news about your ap?

Thanks for your motivating words. I hope it turns out like that and after all student life isn't that bad at all, but sometimes even reps are not in the budget ;) any news about your ap?

Enjoy the student life as long as you can, stay in school, get a couple of masters, maybe a PhD or two, then go to law school, then Med school, by then you will be too old to stay out all night and start the next party at noon the next day!!! seriously, those school years were probably the most fun years if my life, Especially undergrad, single, not too many cares in the world, but then you graduate!!

I'm working on an option for the AP, actually going to send it up to Nanug . He said nothing can't be fixed with and anvil and an 8 pound sledge hammer. I am working on a viable option, just haven't gotten it to the "fixer"yet.

I'm working on an option for the AP, actually going to send it up to Nanug . He said nothing can't be fixed with and anvil and an 8 pound sledge hammer. I am working on a viable option, just haven't gotten it to the "fixer"yet.

Ah, what a coincidence, thats what "the fixer" said too buddy. :lol: