When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob LMPO Date Adjustment?

Jamesu

Hey Guys,

My new Noob LMPO arrived yesterday, after spending hours trying to adjust the bracelet i came to set the time and date.

Took me a little while, but i realised that to adjust the date the crown has to be pulled out only a little bit after the self winding bit. Then as you're turning it it clicks a few times and then goes to the next date.

So anyway, i set the time and then the date and i was happy.

This morning however, i've woken up and it's still on the 7th. So i must have got the time wrong when adjusting between AM and PM. Anyway, came to adjust the date and i just can't find the knack!

I get to the clicking bit (so i know its not winding or adjusting the time) but it just wont change to 8th.

Is there a tip or a knack for this or any other way to do it?

Thank you in advance,

JamesU

Push the crown fully IN, then carefully pull it out until you find the right position for date adjustment.   Some of these Chinese movements can be finnicky, so you just have to diddle with it till you get the knack of it.

Setting the time then trying to push in a click to do the date is almost impossible, I find.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help.

I've been messing with it quite a lot, and i think i have found the correct bit i need but it doesn't seem to be turning the date.

This is the first watch i've had like this, so just so i understand...

Unscrew the crown, then it pops itself out and charges or winds up the movement.

2nd little tiny tiny pull is for the date, which winding one way does nothing, winding the other i can hear clicking (which i think is what i heard yesterday when i did the date properly)

3rd and final pull is for the time.

What i've had to do, although i wish i didn't have to, is set the time to 11:59 or thereabouts and wait for the watch to go over past 12:00. Then if the date doesnt change wind it on 12 hours and wait again.

I'd rather not do it this way though...

If i popped the back cover off, is there an easy way to tell if something is wrong? Or loose?

Thank you for the reply :)

You should not be trying to set the date if the time is set between 8pm and 4am, as it can cause problems with many Chinese movements.   Set the to noon +- a few hours, then set the date.   Then if it's late at night, set the time.

Oh right. I wish i'd have known.

So the date doesn't change when i'm using the crown, but does change on it's own when the watch reaches midnight.

Is this something that would be able to be fixed if i sent it off to someone do you think?

Thank you for all being so helpful.

That sounds like a problem with the set pin in the keyless works. Whether or not it can be easily repaired by a watchmaker willing to work on it depends on a few things.

Which version of what movement it is, which affects parts availability, the experience of the watchmaker, and how much you care to spend on the issue.