When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5514 build

ww12345

I know that he does some vintage panerai-type cases, but I was referring to his ability to engrave. He has the ability to do both rotary and pantograph engravings. So if you can supply a case back, I'm sure he can help out. I'm currently getting some custom end links fabricated by him, the guy is a legend :)

Could you please tell me what parts are you using with with your phong case ? :)

Hey Ingelero, you got any more COMEX caseback pictures? Mine is missing issue numbers and I want to see what kind of fonts I should be looking for.

I choose the little markers for my comex issue number on the caseback:

b7bbaa79a775fcb58ff1094630981cdc.jpg

This one is from Freddy, he used a phong case back as us, I have the exact same font for the little numbers.

660ad57482dd924f26e73b5ca26a744f.jpg

Edited by ingelero

I used:

Phong midcase

Startime bezel

gen mk3 insert

gen 702 crown and tube

Startime/gen 93150 bracelet

gen HEV

Whoopy dial

Clarks hands

ETA 2879

Cool about the pics - I wondered if you had any more pics of gen cases with issue numbers showing...

Here is the big numbers with our caseback configuration:

a36c5a1aaf3d3efbd0ec15682b69af62.jpg

This is the mid numbers:

5886529d930fe459b0623b4e9fa047db.jpg

And what's the range? Big numbers early, then mid, then small? Or the reverse? It's too bad the info's not more available...

The first batch came with little numbers, then the second batch has been engraved with mid numbers and basically the latest one have big numbers but with another caseback configuration for the most of them like this one:

010435badaff349da407457eaff361a7.jpg

There is no logical issue number thought, all have been determined by the comex company

This is another existing font for the mid numbers with the same phong configuration:

ffd2f8d3bdb6373c12cdf9b33b0a1351.jpg

Do you have the inside of your caseback engraved with the last 3 digits of your serial number ? Between the 5513 stamping and the SS stamping ? It has to be made with a very thin font:

113a75f833014a8a24de6966d65daf1c.jpg

I will post a picture of mine if you wish

Yep. The earlier one is a serif dial but with a Trevor case. It's pretty slick too - heavily modified with mostly gen parts.

Don't have that other case anymore (whatever it was) - I did get it returned.

Does this one has an HEV ? Is the dial gen or rep because I can not say with the picture

Yeah, gen HEV valve. The dial is a Vietnamese rep dial, but on a gen base. It's really well done, if I do say so myself.

I also have this dial :) it is true that it is the best serif rep dial ! I plan to use it with another comex built.

I've just bought a cheap 5514 with 2836-2 movement. A great base watch for mods. This thread is giving great inspiration but alas I think this one will be back up for sale soon.

do you have pics bro ?