When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 5514 build

ww12345

Mate can I ask you what kind of rings have you used to retain the ETA movement on your phong case. Because I have the same case as yours and an ETA 2824, but not sure what movement retainer ring should I get? (The one from Yuki ? Or an HH or another one ?)

Thanks Wil!

Gorgeous pics with the new T19. My gosh, it is stunning. I have to install this on my red 1680. That profile is so sexy.

Thank you , this is my 5514 phong comex with gen t19 ! I will install a genuine service complete bezel assembly on it and it will look even better :)

If you want to go with a t19 on your 1680 go for a gen service t19 it worth every cents and it is away superior quality of any aftermarket Crystal or gen old and used t19 that won't guarentee the same water resistance than a brand new gen t19

That ST assembly should fit the gen insert without any issues. It's a tight fit, but it is well worth it in the end. Don't shave the insert :nono:

I think I will go gen though it will save me from trouble .. I have tried a lot of aftermarket bezel assembly and figure that none of them were gen specs. I admit that I have never used an ST assembly but I have already lost some money with those cheap aftermarket bezels.

• 1 month later...

I used:

Phong midcase

Startime bezel

gen mk3 insert

gen 702 crown and tube

Startime/gen 93150 bracelet

gen HEV

Whoopy dial

Clarks hands

ETA 2879

Cool about the pics - I wondered if you had any more pics of gen cases with issue numbers showing...

What are your thoughts on that Startime bezel? I'd hate to go hunt a gen bezel assembly for my resurrected Milsub build again...

Should have read the whole thread before asking, sorry... ;) 

Yeah, I like it. With some modding I think it looks pretty damn close to gen...

Yeah it is pretty close to gen !

I have bought a compté gen bezel assembly for mine as I told you I will do if you remember :) I am having all the needed parts for the build except the ETA ring for the 15xx caliber cases.

Could you please some more picture of your 5514 bro ? It inspires me a lot :D