When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1675 question

heavenstorm

Hi guys, RWG seems to be the best place to ask about vintage watches so here i go.

I have recently acquired a gmt master 1675 from yr 1977. Serial is 52xxxxx. Gold bezel missing etc but movement working. Rolex has authenticated this as genuine but the bracelet confuses me as the gold seems to be plated and wore off. Another thing is i dont think the insert is correct as i couldnt find a pepsi insert 1675 with this kind of dial.

Pics:

20150120_214722_zps4h12r1vq.jpg

20150120_214730_zpsxkoywokr.jpg

20150121_041725_zpse2eaivja.jpg

20150121_041747_zpsemh0fzeo.jpg

Thanks for your time and have a great day :)

Like Joey says, or it could have been a two tone with a black insert and a gold bezel.

Interesting how you have an insert attached w/o a bezel

Bracelet is weird, but you could always pick up a more appropriate one from VRM or ebay.

Here's a TT 1675 to give you an idea of what they look like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Two-Tone-Vintage-GMT-Master-Ref-1675-Nipple-Dial-/261736438277?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3cf0b51a05

Yours looks like a good project watch- good luck!

They might well fit, but the quality is "questionable"... why not buy gen parts, especially the insert?

Thanks for the advise. Im looking for aftermarket bcs i cant find the gen anywhere and rolex quoted me 6k usd bcs they want to service the whole watch. I tried to ask them just to put new bezel and overhaul and they refused.