When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A3120 - Chinese forums

pob944

Something like... Exciting week, just to tell you I was very surprised that this was not the real thing... I was actually not able to tell the difference from the real movement, but only just gone out of 400 goods, really looked genuine, few people should be able to tell.

Something like... Exciting week, just to tell you I was very surprised that this was not the real thing... I was actually not able to tell the difference from the real movement, but only just gone out of 400 goods, really looked genuine, few people should be able to tell.

Not bad, now let me do it. I have been reading and writing chinese since I was 5. Please don't let the fact that I am still 5 mentally put you off..   ;):lol:

A more accurate translation:

"(No problem, just to tell you) I have been comparing the actual product (A3120 diver I presume) against the genuine article the entire week, and am surprised at how close the A3120 decoration is, virtually indistinguishable from the genuine movement upon casual inspection. Given the fact that only 400 genuine watches are produced (for the ceramic I assume), there wouldn't be many in circulation and not many guys would have seen the genuine article. Please share this."

Given that I only read a limited subset of Chinese as Hanmun, and haven't had any real practice in 25 years, I don't feel too bad about that.

Oh yes, you did very well, especially when the characters were written in traditional chinese.

I always told myself that Chinese can't be too difficult, when I see the little ones in China speaking it so fluently. :D  

This is exciting news and we should look forward to that .... we will see a clone movement in the coming weeks ... cool.

Dr. Theo

I think this pertains to the AP ROO ceramic diver with the decorated movement plate specifically. 

Like you, I hope that this is the first step in the evolution toward a clone ROO movement.

Technically, this should not be impossible seeing that there is an ETA-2892 movement clone already. They would of course need to clone the DD module to be integrated with the A2892 movement, and of course, the necessary decorations. 

I do not see that day as being too distant now... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting information, and like my friend Legend, I am awaiting a replication of the ROO movement that mimics the specs of the gen movement without the obvious drawbacks of the A7750. It would be easy to build the cases with the correct crown/pushers position from the beginning, rather than trying to alter a case after the fact. Correct crown position, correct Date Window position and correct size hand pinions, WOW!! They couldn't build them fast enough. Only problem, all of our old AP ROO's would suddenly be worth practically nothing!!

Realistically, I'm not sure this will happen, as it would require a complete retooling of everything ROO. Not sure there are enough of these sold to justify the expense, however having said that the Rep manufacturers keep coming out with new models and they certainly adapted quickly to the new Carbon Fiber  and Ceramic watches. So, maybe there is hope.