When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP River GEN vs REP strap

Riverking2

Some of the rubber straps are really, really closer to the gens. I don't think the rep Hornbacks are even close to gens, at least not the ones I have seen. Having said that out here in the sticks where I live, nobody but me would ever know, because most folks wouldn't know a Hornback from a turtle back unless it was someone around here who was a gator hunter, farmer or someone who works with gator hides. They could probably look at a Hornback and tell you, "that don't look like anything I've seen on a real gator" but the chances of  that would be about the same odds as being struck by a piece of space debris!!

The rep rubber straps have gotten better and better and are getting harder and harder to tell apart. I can't remember which brand it is, but it seems like the only way to tell the rep from gen was the gen didn't attract dust and the rep did. Not sure which it was though. I'm sure the rep manufacturers have solved that puzzle as well though.