When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

switch a vintage submariner 1680 case in a sd 1665 case.. has anyone tried this madness?

chronobam

hi guys

maybe i am crazy... smiley.gif
yesterday during watching my dw 1680 case , an idea light my brain..
the case is very close to a 1665 sea dweller , oly HEV is not present on that...so...
in my mind a question is born.. is it possible to drill the side of the dw case for add an HEV ?
anyone has tried or is impossible to do ?
may be i am crazy... smiley.gif but i am very curious to hear your opinions
winkCA3D11ZE.gif

oh thanks mate ! ;)

bezel is not a problem..is a commercial part and i can buy it.

the problem is if is possible to switch my dw in a sd 1665...first of al if is possible to do this kind of work...and if the answer is yes...who can mod this project? :\

Madness I say LOL.

The Bezel of an 1665 is different too. Drilling a HEV should be no problem, but if you want it working you have to change the inside of your case as well.

Check on some 5514 builds how it is done.

and for me is good also if HEV is not workin.... important is estetically correct as per gen..

It is possible to go down the 'plug' option...

Assuming you are not a deep sea diver who uses a decompression chamber then what need have you of a helium valve? I was recently faced with this dilemma when I wanted to improve the look of my 1665 MBW He valve and I opted for the MBW 'valve' to be drilled out (but not drilled all the way through to the inner case) but replaced it with a visually accurate but non functional 'valve'. See below:

post-2563-0-64565800-1422654554_thumb.jp

Assuming you are not a deep sea diver who uses a decompression chamber then what need have you of a helium valve? I was recently faced with this dilemma when I wanted to improve the look of my 1665 MBW He valve and I opted for the MBW 'valve' to be drilled out (but not drilled all the way through to the inner case) but replaced it with a visually accurate but non functional 'valve'. See below:

photo.JPG

What crystal is that?

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

good!

mate, was in the past a 1680 sub  this ?