When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Datejust II

FinesseKing

I'm interested in finding out which seller has supplied the best datejust 2 so far. Dial and bezel don't really matter so much to me because I plan on putting a gen dial and bezel on as soon as I get the watch. I'm mainly concerned with the best available movement, band, case and hands (as far as reps are concerned). As of now I'm considering trustytime.

I had a Noob silver stick SS DJ II I think they called it the V2 that I sourced from Toro.  Basically a 116300 but with a fluted bezel.  It was a nice watch and the oyster bracelet was very nice.  It had an A2836 which ran fine.  About the only complaint was the date wheel could have been a little better.  One thing I noticed when looking for one, most of the new models had the A3135 "Rolex" or some other over priced unreliable movement and I wanted to avoid those.  Toro had it for a good price with the a2836 which is a movement I know so I went that route.  I sold the watch long ago.   Here is a pic though.    

post-60288-0-23344300-1422657144_thumb.j

I had a Noob silver stick SS DJ II I think they called it the V2 that I sourced from Toro.  Basically a 116300 but with a fluted bezel.  It was a nice watch and the oyster bracelet was very nice.  It had an A2836 which ran fine.  About the only complaint was the date wheel could have been a little better.  One thing I noticed when looking for one, most of the new models had the A3135 "Rolex" or some other over priced unreliable movement and I wanted to avoid those.  Toro had it for a good price with the a2836 which is a movement I know so I went that route.  I sold the watch long ago.   Here is a pic though.    

attachicon.gif057.JPG

Thanks man, I've searched a lot on all of these forums but I'm just trying to fish for the most up-to-date views on the best DJII available, which is why I posted this thread. I'll also need to find a reliable person on here to do a few mods to the watch for me too if you can steer me in the right direction in regard to that. 

I think I forgot to welcome you to the forum in my earlier post.  So welcome to the forum and the craziness...  

I use two watch-smiths depending on the type of work that needs to be done.  However, neither of them are taking on any new customers.  Finding a good rep friendly watch-smith is really important especially if you plan to stick around in this hobby.  

We have a modder/repair section on the forum but not many resources left there.  I would look around in the Rolex section for builds and review them to see who did the build and maybe contact them by PM.  Since you are new it will be tougher but hopefully you can find someone who will do the work for you.  

One thing about this forum.  Learn to use the search function and do a lot of reading.  

Good luck.   

had a noob DJII. it was a great rep but i think the BP version is better.

the noob DJIIs major flaw was the date window being slightly too small making the 20s cut off slightly. BPs is slightly better.

also the crystal doesnt have AR on the cyclop. BP i believe does.

the dial on the stick marker DJIIs are VERY nice. a gen dial is always better but i dont think its a noticeable enough difference to go gen on the dial.

the flued bezel is where the rep screams rep.

the reps have a much wider fluted bezel. 

smooth bezel seems to be closer to gen. 

no clue if these will take gen bezels and wasnt really tryin to pay $1000+ or so to find out.

overall, the DJII reps are def worth $250 or whatever the price is.

i had the blue dial with fluted bezel but always wanted the white dial with a round bezel.

if i had to do it over, id get a BP DJII with round bezel. 

the fluted bezel is beautiful though and only the die hards will ever notice the wider bezel.

good luck.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be a [censored].

This just sounds an awful lot like "who makes the best sub?"

And for the record I have a blue fluted bezel BP and it's great.

Got it from Andrew "Trustytime"

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...