When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Window Color? White Dial Rubberclad

panerai153

I have two white dial rubberclads, one has a silver date window, the other is black. Looking at photos of the gen, I see some that definitely look black, but some others that are hard to tell, but look like they are lighter in color possibly silver. So question is which is correct? was the gen color changed at some point, or is only one color correct?

I have two white dial rubberclads, one has a silver date window, the other is black. Looking at photos of the gen, I see some that definitely look black, but some others that are hard to tell, but look like they are lighter in color possibly silver. So question is which is correct? was the gen color changed at some point, or is only one color correct?

Good question A. I assume that you are referring to the datewheel surround. 

Conventionally, for white and lighter dial ROOs, the surround would be silver, much like mercury.

On the white dial rubberclad, I have seen both silver date surrounds, as well as black ones, so I am quite sure that either color would be accurate.

As to the breakdown of the color used by a specific year or batch, I am not sure.

WOW!! That's your "as closed to gen as you can get" White Themes, correct? Looks like from your photos the date surround is dark, is that correct? no bigg deal, I dount that anyone would noticce that on mine except the guys here, and my semi-modded ROO's have a lot more "tells' that are easier to see than the date wiindow!!

Date surround is BLACK on Rubberclad white; SILVER on the SS bezel version.

But many times, we all forget that everybody can personalize everything, yachts, cars, bikes, houses, even watches...

So if a Rubberclad white Gen owner decides to swap an SS bezel or an SS bracelet on it, I don't think he really necessary needs to change the date surround from black to Silver and viceversa....