When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph Titanium (new) Quality Questions.

nanoman

Hi everybody, I joined this forum about an year ago, but personal conflicts have kept me away. I have always referred to the posts on this forum when ever in doubt. I will try to contribute more this year. I apologize if this has already been covered in the forum, but I was not able to find any posts related to this watch.

I am interested in Omega PO Chrono Titanium from Josh or Andrew. It was released on Jan31 2015 and is selling for $428. The rep looks good, but I need some advice about the quality of the rep. Any inputs will be deeply appreciated. I have only 4 posts so I can't post any pics/links

Thanks all. 

Adding link. Thanks again

http://www.pf-818.com/omcpo45304-pocean-chrono-titi-blue-p-16964.html

post-60933-0-49182600-1424112919_thumb.j

This one was a MTM purchase, but IIRC it originally came from Toro.

edit:

In fact I looked up my original thread from the seller and here's the link to where he got it:

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=1034

But 22mm is the incorrect lug width. So either Josh is wrong when saying "correct lug width", or wrong when saying "22mm". Either way, it's not right what he says. You have one, if you measured it you could provide nanoman with the right information.

Edited by Fracture

I don't have a chrono model.   I have a GoodPlanet GMT.   I'll measure that tonite when home, but it doesn't mean much to this thread.

Andrew has the same 22mm note in his ad.

Ryan (Intime) has PO straps listed showing them at 22mm

I'm beginning to think the correct lug width for a 45mm PO is 22mm..........     ;)

Thanks all. I was asking about omega gmt (should have been more specific).

Most of the rubber straps I have seen on TDs website are either 22mm or 20mm. Do you think 22mm rubber would fit 21mm lugs, more importantly is it even worth doing this?

Edited by nanoman

UGH.......    My PO GMT is 21mm

I'm sure you can find a nice rubber 21mm strap on eBay, Amazon or somewhere similar for little $$$$.   Or one of the strap makers listed on here.

You can try and trim a rubber 22mm strap to fit, but seems like a compromise to me.

By the way nanoman, is a complication like GMT or chrono a requirement? I have a regular blue titanium PO and I love it. The case is finished to the same standard as the steel models, just the bracelet is a bit cruder finished. I've been wearing mine on an Isofrane for a week now.

b4FcY7Q.jpg

Asian. There was a time when you got full ETA's but these days "swiss" is mostly just a mix between asian and ETA parts and you have to cross your fingers that it's been put together somewhat well. It's not worth the extra price imo. Maybe if they'd put in an SW200.