When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Ingenieur Amg Chrono - Wrong Caseback?

itseme

I believe the visual flaws of the new chrono version have been discussed, but I am not well versed in them. I own the non-chrono version and can tell you it is a fine watch. The advantage of the chrono version is that is lacks a date wheel, which has the wrong font on the non-chrono rep. The disadvantage is that you move into the the questionable reliability issues of a 7750 with seconds at 6.

The gen AMG chrono and non-chrono come only in titanium, which is readily obvious from 10 feet. Most of us would not buy a rep with such an obvious tell. Too bad, because I tend to prefer the look of the AMG dial myself...

Agree... the original INGE date font is not that bad and looks like lello is coming out with a fix for that anyway... the AMG being constructed of SS instead of Titanium is a much worse flaw than any datewheel font issues IMHO.

While we're talking about this I'll just add that I really wish they would come out with a better version of the AMG as I do like that dial better than the original.

Cheers!

Kirk

TJ but has anyone taken apart and put back together the Ingy? I was under the impression that the dial chips came from a very delicate dial print method whereby rubbing against the inside of the case could damage the black and lettering... this could be bad news for datefont fix as it would be harsh to fix the date font only to end up with a damaged dial...