When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Long Did Your Reps Work?

piratedzeus

Hey, i'm interested in a little "survey", list your bought replicas and how long the movements worked or are working atm. I know that some might not be running all day as they are mechanic and not worn but blabla just tell me some info :)

Did you service your watches? How often etc..

edit:

if someone got experience with ETA 2824 or ETA 2824-2 i would be pleased to hear it. whats the difference between both of them?

Edited by piratedzeus

All my replicas are working fine (both asian automatic and ETA automatic and handwind), except an asian auto Vacheron Constantin Regulateur.

But the VC has a pretty complicated dial, and I geuss that is part of the problem. Too bad cause my girlfriend loved it.

170367-9898.jpg

I have used my PAM (ETA) every day since I got it a year or so ago, and it still keeps fabulous time. :)

Don't know about the 2824 question, but I wear my eta 2893 Explorer II everyday and it keeps time as well as the clock on my cell phone and computer. My PAM 063 with the 2893 in it keeps good time as does my handwind, Venus 175, Lemania 1874, Seagull chrono in my PAM 192. I expect the 2893s to last a lifetime and based on The Zigmeister's review of the Venus 175 copy and how supersmooth it is, it should last a while as well. I have a sub with a 2836 but it's been in the shop getting a new crown and stem. It kept good time while I had it. As far as longevity is concerned, I worry about the 2836 the most, but parts should be easily found for it if the need arises.

Climb on.

All of my ETA movements are working fine (at least 7) and two of my asian movements have crapped out- out of 8 total. It may be possible to revive one of them, but the other is toast. I did notice today that Ofrei carries Chinese movements for $15-20 so it may be possible to do a transplant, but hand sizes vary so it could be a little more involved.

The original 2824 came out in 1973. The 2824-1 was in production until '79 or '83 and the 2824-2 has been around since that time. I couldn't tell you what the differences are, but I would figure that they are minor improvements that were made over the years. If you find a 2824 or 2824-1 movement in a watch, I would assume it is older. Stick with the 2824-2.

All my replicas are working fine (both asian automatic and ETA automatic and handwind), except an asian auto Vacheron Constantin Regulateur.

But the VC has a pretty complicated dial, and I geuss that is part of the problem. Too bad cause my girlfriend loved it.

170463-9844.jpg

I have used my PAM (ETA) every day since I got it a year or so ago, and it still keeps fabulous time. :)

i have a vc like that from josh and the winding mecanism is stripped but it runs fine.

3 dead eta's in rollies from el that are 9 months old

170463-9844.jpg

i have sereral panerais.watches are all swiss movements.and i got good service after having the rw..i am never worried. .seller provide forever service.......

post-4058-1166546762_thumb.jpg