When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC Navy seals vs. AP diver V7

someone

Hello,

I have though choice for summer beater. And I hope that you will help me.

I am deciding between those two. Has anoyone have both to tell me differences, comparisons on wirst.  What do you think, which is better?

In dimensions there arent much difference, but I cant find anywhere visual comparison and on wirst.

And, how those watches react on sea, swimming, showering, sweat...?

Regards

I don't have a Navy Seals, but I think the AP is and awfully nice watch. I have a modded V5 and most say the V7 is even better. I have mine on a Donerix Sharkskin which is softer than the rubber and is very comfortable. They are a little top heavy, but not as much as the ROO Chronos. Of all my AP's I probably wear this one the most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@importr

Please can you take pics of both together and wirstshot of jlc

I am planing to get one of those two for summer beater. I live at sea and it means I will be almost everyday at the sea,beaches, parties, sweat.. Can those watches survive that? Honestly or it is better to get some afford beater for summer (casio,citizen,seiko..) and keep reps away from water?

If I were looking for a "water sports" watch, I would probably lean toward a gen like a Seiko or the others you mentioned, or have your rep pressure tested, seals greased , etc.. If it passes then you should be good to go, if it fails, then you have to go to plan B and buy a gen. I agree that the screwed crown is intrinsically more water resistant than a push in crown, provided the seals are intact, properly installed and greased. I would not take any rep in water without a pressure test first. Salt water inside will ruin the movement very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get some pics tomorrow if you don't mind, I'm working all day and at night this week! Got a deadline to meet....

If I was going to rely on one watch to do all, near the sea....I doubt that I'd rely on a rep. I'd get an automatic gen like a seiko diver, steinhart, used oris etc. Watches that have actually been tested to destruction that you won't have to worry about ruining or falling apart in some way. I only see reps as bit of fun,I don't expect them to perform or last like a gen.

Just my 2 cents,of course :)