When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Schumacher question. Need inputs/advice.

Hi Members,

I am thinking about getting a blue Schumacher. Toro is including a complinmentary XS strap with this watch (I hope it's blue). I can check with Toro, but it will be great if any member can help answer this. 

One more thing. Members in several forums are commenting about the dial color being too dark for the grey version, but it seems like the grey version is more popular than the blue one. Can anybody help me understand why this is the case? Sorry I am an AP noob.

I have searched this forum, but I was unable to find any member posted pics of AP Schumacher in blue. Kindly share any pics, or point me to the appropriate postings.

Thanks and Regards

I have the Ti (gray) version.   Yes, the dial is several shades darker than the gen.   HOWEVER, I think it looks so good that I might prefer the darker dial.   The odds of me running into someone who has actually seen or held a gen Schumi is pretty damned slim!

I'm not big into Blue Straps, so the Ti Schumi is definitely more my style.   I'm still struggling with AP and my taste in general.   It's the only AP I own.

The genuine blue Schumacher is the platinum version, costing over $100k.

It could be difficult for most enthusiasts to pull off the watch. The titanium version is the entry level version, although it is by no means cheap in any way.

I have eschewed all models of this rep series because the dial color bothers me. I have seen the gen, and the rep dial is a dead giveaway. 

However, I agree with pcardoza that as a watch, it is certainly a very nice looking one. If given a choice, I would also have chosen the blue one over the titanium one, just because it is a lot less common. ;)

Thanks pcardoza/Legend.

Legend, which gen version have you seen, blue or grey. I really like the blue version. Do you think there is a new version in works with an updated dial.

I have seen the titanium and rose gold version, but to my understanding, all 3 models have the same grey color for the dial. 

The hope for a more accurate model lies in two separate and distinct possibilities: V2 made by J12, or a new release by Noob. Honestly, I would stake my money on the latter, as opposed to a v2 being released with the correct dial, analysing the situation from a business point of view. I do not I am wrong and we get more choices though! Competition in this case would benefit the buyers!

If you just want a nice looking watch, the rep Schumacher would be just fine. If you are hoping for an accurate one vs gen, this is not the watch for you.