When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC sub + Gen bezel assembly issues

dbane883

From what I can see, the TC case could present some problems when installing a gen crystal retaining ring.  There is a tiny ledge around the rehaut and a gen retaining ring will be slightly raised once it's pressed on.   Have any of you milled this away? and if so, did you leave a tiny portion at the base of the rehaut sidewall so that the gasket height will not be affected?

I guess the ledge is there so that the TC bezel has a bit of clearance so it doesnt rub against the case.   Which probably means that once the ledge is milled away, one will not be able to use a TC bezel assembly again.

KH16610LV-dial-04_zpsisx9oq7g.jpg

Guest baleinedessable

Same issue here. It has been a pain to fit the gen bezel assembly, and it is not even properly 100% pressed in.. The TC crystal retainer is absolutely NOT gen spec and cannot even take a tension ring.. Anyway I switched to a Sean... 

From my experience having fit a few genuine Rolex parts to TC builds, I have yet to see a TC with that edge in your photo.  What version of TC sub is this, and did you get it from TC directly, or via M2M?

That pic is directly from TC's site.  But it seems that the more recent cases have that ledge.   I know one member that ran into this problem last month.

I have a brand TC case coming my way soon, so I will confirm if the case was altered because the retaining rings were changed...  If so, it's a head scratcher.

That pic is directly from TC's site.  But it seems that the more recent cases have that ledge.   I know one member that ran into this problem last month.

I have a brand TC case coming my way soon, so I will confirm if the case was altered because the retaining rings were changed...  If so, it's a head scratcher.

Thanks, that would be great if you could confirm if it is indeed only with his latest, new stock of mid-cases.

All of the TC sub's I have frankness for customers have been older models, with V5 being the newest.

My v6 supplied as a self build October 14 does not have this lip, it is totally smooth. I checked this before I bought a gen assembly. Will fit it when back home next month.

Verty interesting, maybe your V6 has a NOS mid-case.

Aren't the new TC bezels really good and pretty much identical to gen? I know the old ones suck. I have one. :-( was thinking of upgrading to gen or at least his new one soooo....subscribed

The TC bezels I've had are bad. They don't turn smoothly or assemble precisely as a gen does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk