When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asia - EU - US shipping

azbank

hi guys, 

what is your experience in shipping watch parts from Asia to EU, US to EU ? please share your experiences and tips. I was thinking that watch parts shouldn't be a problem, small items like hands set for a watch, case back, cases, etc. but people have been telling me that even that could be a problem at the customs. 

I wonder then what kind of a problem, I once had a shipment from the US to Austria of the projector for presentations, quite a big box, bought somewhere online. The I got a letter from the customs office that the shipment was stopped. Went there, showed the bill, paid a tax, took my box home. What are your experiences with watches and parts? 

thanks

Never had any problem sending parts and tools directly to the Italian address of the Company where I work (but well, it's the most famous brand in the world, and gets a lot of package from the whole world, so maybe that's the trick)..

Never had any problem sending parts and tools directly to the Italian address of the Company where I work (but well, it's the most famous brand in the world, and gets a lot of package from the whole world, so maybe that's the trick)..

You work for McDonald's ?

Seriously though, never had any problems with parts and tools. I've sent parts to Asia and EU and parts from there back to me. It would be difficult to tell a gen Rolex insert from a really good aftermarket. Most parts don't have the brand written on the part, so even if they have the Rolex Coronet, or the initials AP, Doubt that they would attract much attention going through customs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A little Coke trivia.

Although Coca Cola Headquarters are in Atlanta, and  "coke" was invented there, I live about 60 miles from where it was first bottled. Coke was a fountain drink until Joe Biedenharn who owned a candy business decided that it would be feasible to bottle Coke for the rural trade. So the original bottlers were Biedenharn Candy Co. Vicksburg MS. In fact the bottles were not even labeled Coca Cola at first, Made the Biedenharn family rich as they had the bottling and distribution rights for Coca Cola  across several Southern States. So Coke has a special place to us from the deep south.

Yep. Actually I work for a bottler too (big one that covers 28 countries), but, to get back in topic, there is no difference for the post officer so normally I don't have problems with extra eu shipment :)

Ezio: we are very traditional here in Italy, we don't have any of those fancy things like cherry cola, black coke (Bulgarian: it was Coca-Cola+coffee) etc. Just plain one, no caffein one for children, light and zero (plus fanta, sprite, powerade etc). Not a lot to send ;)