When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Repair Master in Los Angeles California

MimiSars

Raul at Watch Repair Master in Los Angeles California

I was looking for a rep friendly watch smith to fix my ETA. I came upon this place looking through his Yelp reviews. He is located a block off Dodger Stadium. I was a little unsure since the reviews were mainly about chaning straps and batteries so I wasn't sure if he worked on more complex movements. However, based on his reviews, he seemed like a really honest and caring guy so I decided to try him out.

I told him upfront that it was an asian clone movement of the ETA. He looked at it and was very enthusiastic. We talked about watches and replicas for about 10 minutes. He quoted me a really good price and also stated that it came with 1 year warranty without taking it apart and looking at it. I left the movement with him (I had no movement case) and he said that it would be done in a week.

He called me a week later and told me that the movement was ready. He said that there was a jewel missing near the yoke and that based on our agreement it would still be the same quoted price. When I went to pick it up, he went into further detail and, knowing that I am getting into fixing my own watches, gave me some tips and showed me some of his gear. I also asked if he did water testing and he said that he has all the equipment for watches. He also was working on a huge clock (standing, not wall) when I went in and he told me that fixes all different types of clocks and watches.

I highly recommend Raul. I have had a hard time finding a good and honest watchmaker in LA with reasonable prices and I finally found him.
Edited by MimiSars

NP guys.  I asked him if he was fine with stating that the works on reps and he said it was no problem at all.

Thanks for the info, Mimi. Does he work on actual rep watches in terms of mods etc?

What do you mean in terms of mods? Lume and AR?  I can ask.

When I took in the movement alone, he stated that he could also put the watch together for me if I liked (free of charge).