When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Trusted Dealer for rolex no hassle

philly

Hi guys I'm new to the forum.I've been doing alot of lookin at on alot of this sites trusted dealers,and I need to know who I should deal with before I spend my money please guys help point me in the rite direction of u can I appreciate any and all advice I'm excited to be apart of this forum hope to have a great experience thanks

All of the TD's are trusted for a reason. You can use any of them and will end up getting what you ordered, and some assistance from the moderators if your purchase goes astray.

Your "best" choice may depend on the particular model you are looking for, your budget and where you live. That's why they all have sections, so you can read up and make that call for yourself.

Edited by tomhorn

74 views only 1 person took the time out to try to help wat you guys here for u gotta help people out all this knowledge and experience gotta be shared I would really appreciate that

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Generally a lot of really good and very helpful people here.

It is hard to offer advice without knowing what model you are looking for and what your budget is.

For an OTB (out of the box) rep, I like to use Toro Bravos.

But if I was after a modern sub 116610 I would probably pay the extra for a BK.

If I wanted a 16610 sub circa 2004 I would pay extra for a TC.

All three are trusted dealers but all have different models and price points.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Sead (Supermirros) and Ryan (Intime) are my first 2 choices.  Not sure if TD's here but they are on most other forums.  Best prices and service.

Sead can only be reached by email, and Ryan has a site www.intime.co

Edited by surf

Because there's a section of trusted dealers it would feel incestual to name drop just one of them, and redundant to relist them all..

I'm new too, and purchased from a TD here. Just find a watch you like and contact the TDs on the board and see if they have it in stock and at what price. I contacted a bunch of TDs here about a number of models until I settled on what I want. 

I fee you though - I was very close to making a thread like yours when I first joined. But held out (as I knew it would be a bit spammy if every member did the same, you'll notice they make jokes here about 'who has the best sub' type threads), did a bit of searching, and was Really happy with the outcome. GL!

74 views only 1 person took the time out to try to help wat you guys here for u gotta help people out all this knowledge and experience gotta be shared I would really appreciate that

Hi Philly, this is a Forum and members are supposed to start by reading about everything, dealers, shipping, watches ,models, factories, modifications, prices, movements.

Form the ones You listed the most sensible movement with a good price/value relationship is the Asian ETA, for saving a little bit it´s ok to try out the Asian 21j cheap movement as well.

As You are saying, this is an investment You are doing, so some research before buying is alright. For the blue/black ceramic for instance it´s called a Batman GMT , there is the BP factory which has blue lume but the case is not so good, the Noob version is the best but it comes with green lume etc. You will find these things out when doing the research and also what to do about, it takes time in the beginning but it will also get You better watches.

A nice watch to look out for and a simple choice is the Tudor Blackbay V3, allaround quite well done.

You need to do a bit of research, as everyone here is more than willing to help, but folks get a bit weary of answering the same questions over and over.

One thing that you should be aware of, and there are good threads here, over on RepGeek and RWI, conceding the crack down on rep merchandise coming through Chicago. Since you live in Detroit, almost 100% sure anything you buy from dealers will go through customs in Chicago. I would seriously advise that you make sure the dealer you buy from has a guaranteed delivery policy. Also do not order three watches at one time as they will ship them together and this will raise alarms. Third you may want to look at the sales forums. Quite often you can buy very slightly used watches at a discount, and if they are in the USA, no shipping hassles.

Also, don't get duped into buying watches with the so called "Swiss ETA" movements from the dealers. They are all either old movements or a mix if Swiss and Chinese ETA parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest silvershark

Hey OP

I am a newbie too as you can probably tell from my post count. The way I went about my first purchase was to lurk around the various different rep boards and research research research!! I really can't stress that enough!! Research the watch you want, compare it to the gen and try and identify the flaws. Then read other members experience with the model and what flaws they might have picked out. Then ask yourself if you would be happy with it. Every rep out there will have flaws to some degree or another, and thats just the way it is!! So as long as you can live with them everything should be good  Once you are confident on what watch you want, the research starts all over again, this time into the dealers. Again read the boards, specifically other members reviews and experiences and you will quickly identify who you want to deal with, and who you would rather avoid. Also remember that the rep game isn't exactly above board, so many of the dealers won't accept Paypal etc. and instead prefer Western Union or direct bank transfer. As long as they are trusted dealers you have nothing to worry about using this method. And some dealers will even give you a discount for paying this way.

If you prefer to use member 2 member sales again do your research. If the seller is an experienced member with plenty of feedback then expect them to deliver what they say! That is not to say a Noob with no feedback will rip you off, but it's still best to be cautious until you become more experienced and confident in the hobby. Also if you do decide to use M2M sales and a problem does arise, NEVER EVER start a paypal dispute without talking to the mods first, as this can cause problems for the seller, other members and the rep game.

Lastly, welcome to the rep world, hope you have lots of fun!!!

SS