When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner 2014 3135 Movement

Avenue

Dear All,

I've got a really pretty Rolex Submariner, 2014. Blue lume. The movement is a 3135 one.

I'd love to share my pictures with you guys, and hear your opinions. (Just be honest, I can take critics!) 

If you have any tips, tricks or whatever; I'd love to hear them.

Enjoy!

post-52510-0-11388500-1428852496_thumb.j

post-52510-0-30884200-1428852481_thumb.j

post-52510-0-94204900-1428852516_thumb.j

post-52510-0-48993800-1428852553_thumb.j

post-52510-0-23829500-1428852569_thumb.j

post-52510-0-96824300-1428852606_thumb.j

post-52510-0-19054700-1428852529_thumb.j

Leave your feedback!

Thanks! 

Edited by WillemHarff

Nice...just a note...the rehaut is misaligned but you can solve it quickly.

Really I don't know which factory is from...maybe NOOB but they do not use 3135...franken?!

Thanks for your comment. What is wrong with the rehaut? Could you point it out to me? 

Thanks. 

this is the old bp i still have this at home, but show some decent pics you cant even see the dial lol

Dial picture uploaded. 

29ppve9.jpg

It's offset to the right by half a minute. 

Sorry, I'm still not really sure what you mean, could you put a circle in the picture with paint and comment on my thread with it? 

I'd like to know, though! 

Edited by WillemHarff

Nice...just a note...the rehaut is misaligned but you can solve it quickly.

Really I don't know which factory is from...maybe NOOB but they do not use 3135...franken?!

lol its the old bp from early 2013 if it really has a 3135 in it ,it will be the a3135 which is just a normal asian clone 2836 eta but decorated to look a little bit like a gen 3135,and these movements are bad.

Mate the rehaut is the circle around the dial were it say rolex rolex and the Crown at 12 o clock should be right in the center of the 12 position

Its great you seem to enjoy it even have a box set for it just enjoy it and dont worry about the tells its not a super rep but we can Always find flaws here and across boards so just enjoy it :)!

Mate the rehaut is the circle around the dial were it say rolex rolex and the Crown at 12 o clock should be right in the center of the 12 position

Its great you seem to enjoy it even have a box set for it just enjoy it and dont worry about the tells its not a super rep but we can Always find flaws here and across boards so just enjoy it :)!

Ah, allright. Thank you very much, found the flaw. I do really enjoy the watch, though I'm looking for a super-rep. 

I would like to have some opinions on this one: http://pure-time.com...-edition-a3135/

Willem, as nice this hobby is, the more you read about the franken builds of other members, not only about the Submariner but all other, the more you will recognize when a rep has reached "super" status.

You´ve got a nice Sub but that is just an out of the box solution.

Take your time and read a couple of threads about how people have build their frankens. It is very important to understand the process and what it takes, from who to order what, where to search for parts etc.

It is a knowledge no one can summarize in a post.

I suggest to keep the Sub and to start a forum research, learn from the experience of the members, ask questions ... then start collecting parts for a Super-rep.

A Super-rep is the one you have build with a fair amount of genuine parts, or some modder built for you.

In the sales corner there are some high class sales from time to time, but these are serious budget franken builds, they are hard to sell, because prices are close to a genuine watch and there is a slight psychological barrier that prevents potential buyers from paying that much for a franken watch.

On the other hand when gathering parts for a franken watch, you would be spending a lot as each part gen or aftermarket is expensive and piece by piece it raises the budget very fast.

Before you buy anything more you better research what a certain watch has to look like, like the misaligned rehaut you have for example.

By then you`d know from what parts a certain watch was built from, by only looking at the sales pictures.

Have fun, be very very patient and good luck! :)

• Like 1

Willem, as nice this hobby is, the more you read about the franken builds of other members, not only about the Submariner but all other, the more you will recognize when a rep has reached "super" status.

You´ve got a nice Sub but that is just an out of the box solution.

Take your time and read a couple of threads about how people have build their frankens. It is very important to understand the process and what it takes, from who to order what, where to search for parts etc.

It is a knowledge no one can summarize in a post.

I suggest to keep the Sub and to start a forum research, learn from the experience of the members, ask questions ... then start collecting parts for a Super-rep.

A Super-rep is the one you have build with a fair amount of genuine parts, or some modder built for you.

In the sales corner there are some high class sales from time to time, but these are serious budget franken builds, they are hard to sell, because prices are close to a genuine watch and there is a slight psychological barrier that prevents potential buyers from paying that much for a franken watch.

On the other hand when gathering parts for a franken watch, you would be spending a lot as each part gen or aftermarket is expensive and piece by piece it raises the budget very fast.

Before you buy anything more you better research what a certain watch has to look like, like the misaligned rehaut you have for example.

By then you`d know from what parts a certain watch was built from, by only looking at the sales pictures.

Have fun, be very very patient and good luck! :)

Thank you for the great explanation, I think you are fairly right. I know my way in the watches-world, but in comparisation to other members on this forum, I'm still a noob. I don't mind being one, I love to learn, experience and see things I haven't before, so i'll take your words and start browsing and learning from the forum and the members that participate to it.