When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Emergency Question

Devedander

This is probably an emergency question ........ :D

Well fortunately I am not stuck in some horrible mountain pass just yet, but it would be cool if they did...

I figured it would be asking a bit much to pack that in to a rep... although I think I would be willing to pay a good deal for it...

Well fortunately I am not stuck in some horrible mountain pass just yet, but it would be cool if they did...

I figured it would be asking a bit much to pack that in to a rep... although I think I would be willing to pay a good deal for it...

I read on a newspaper that the service for SOS of the Breitling in reality is a "private" service...

with payment of any abuse or SOS launched without motive... I think that in same conditions is impossible the implementation on a replica... :(

I didn't know that... I thought it was some sort of international SOS thing...

I know Breitlings official policy is that if you pull it and it's not an actual emergency you are liable for 100% of the emergency service costs plus 50% of the watch value to reset the SOS beacon...

I wonder how that private SOS thing works out... I mean with a 100 mile radius at best it seems like it would be hard to maintain any kind of reliable coverage on a priavte party basis...

Guess that totally annihilates any possibilty of a functional SOS in a rep... mean what would Breitling say when they show up and find out you have a rep? They might just leave you there :)

Correct, Mahler. If you've ever owned one, you can't help but notice the giant "Dassault" logo on the transmitter testing kit.

I have found this interesting article :

Emergency Signaling, Emergency Beacons and Breitling’s EMERGENCY Wristwatch.

by Time Flies and altro (G. Buhyoff and A. Trott)

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=170