When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best video streaming app or site to use

Mendota Explorer

Hey guys, the other day a scammer came out of the woodwork and posted here. The thread quickly took a different turn, however, and some very cool advice was shared about streaming video before the thread got nuked. I was reading it on my phone at night and didn't have a chance to make any notes about the streaming app you guys are using or the hardware setups you have. I can't access the thread now.

Could someone help refresh my memory? It is a streaming app or site that aggregates movies and shows into a searchable database. Apparently everything is there, too. It even works with Xbox and other devices.

@Tomhorn and @cc33 I believe you both have hardware setups using this, if I'm remembering correctly. I really want to look into this.

Thanks for the insights!!

I use Popcorn Time, it's a free version of NetFlix. Streaming tru AppleTv to my TV. 

See this topic: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/173266-popcorn-time/?hl=%2Bpopcorn+%2Btime

The downside is it doesn't work on your iphone/ipad and so on. Apple doesnt allow this app in their store. If you jailbreak it's possible. I don't know about android tablets or phones :)

Cool.  I'll look into popcorn time for sure, but I think my best bet for this other thing is to PM Tomhorn and cc33 about it.   :)

This was a different site, sort of like a torrent for streaming, but not really like that.  Hard for me to describe because I had never heard of it before and just figured I would look it up in the morning and then Google it, but the thread was nuked before I could even come back to it.  It literally streams everything out there for free.  Tomhorn and cc33, plus another member all contributed super helpful info because they use this setup themselves.

Thanks for the popcorn time tip.   :)

Cool.  I'll look into popcorn time for sure, but I think my best bet for this other thing is to PM Tomhorn and cc33 about it.   :)

This was a different site, sort of like a torrent for streaming, but not really like that.  Hard for me to describe because I had never heard of it before and just figured I would look it up in the morning and then Google it, but the thread was nuked before I could even come back to it.  It literally streams everything out there for free.  Tomhorn and cc33, plus another member all contributed super helpful info because they use this setup themselves.

Thanks for the popcorn time tip.   :)

Well if you know what kind of streaming they use, please let me know. Now I'm curious :D

I use xbmc set up by a serious geek! However it uses a list of links to stream and the one I always pick from the list is vodlocker, consistently works. Here's a link for anyone to use with any device that has a browser. It's not very convenient to use for shows because they are harder to find withought the help of xbmc but for movies or a recent episode it's great

http://vodlocker.com/?op=search

Just search for whatever you want and stream

• Like 1