When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franck Muller Casablanca

dude82

After alot of reading and consideration i had finally decided on going in for the franck muller conq ( eta 2892), but from what i know none of the dealers have any of those left. If anyone knows of any dealer having them i would really appreciate if you could let me know. Also, since i probably can't get one i decided on getting the Casblanca again in the 2892 movement. Since i don't know much about watches i would like your expert comments on how good a rep is the casablanca..how close is it to the orignal (as good as the conq)

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=1101

OR

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=658

Also, could anyone tell me if there any other difference between the two watches except the dial and also which one do you think is a better buy. I have been reading on the forum and some people have raised concerned regargding the quality ss bracelet. Is that true? Your inputs would be highly appreciated..

I have the SS version w/ white dial black numerals. It's one of the best reps you can get. You don't really need to mod it. How close to the real thing? The crown is slightly bigger. The one w/ white dial black numerals have the fonts a tad too thin. The black dial seems to have the right thickness. But then again, FM has so many versions of this watch. There's no straight right or wrong. Nobody is able to call it out. The good thing about FM reps is unlike Rolexes, there are so many models and they are not so well known. I like them because of FM's unique aesthetics. As for quality, it's very very very nice. The bracelet is nice and smooth and solid. It wears so comfortably unlike Rolex reps. I got mine in GuangZhou for $90. Our dealers want too much for it. But if you don't have a choose, buy from them. It's very high quality. Much better overall quality than my TTK noobmariner, Trusty Explorer II, IWC GST Ti Chrono, Wo-Mart DateJust, Explorer I.

You could ask PT

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=17278

I've got my eye on this one myself, but Christmas is keeping me from pulling the trigger. I haven't asked if there are any in stock at the moment.

Amazing reps. The best thing about them is that OEM dials drop right in and can be had for less than 60 bucks, usually. The only on-the-wrist flaw on these watches is the crown, and only a real Muller WIS would ever notice.

I used to have a true 1:1 Conq--OEM dial crown and strap, good back, professionally polished case, and relumed hands. Since I got sick of it from wearing it every day for two months and because I had found the OEM crown in less than an hour, I sold it never to see an OEM crown again. If the guy I sold it to happens to read this, I'll give you double what you paid me for it!

Bill, to answer your question, the very first run of 2892 Conq's are very rare because they have a well done-back. No decorated movement, though. The 2nd go'round have shitty engraving (check out the L's in Muller on yours. If they look a little wobbly, you have the 2nd version.)

Bill, to answer your question, the very first run of 2892 Conq's are very rare because they have a well done-back. No decorated movement, though. The 2nd go'round have shitty engraving (check out the L's in Muller on yours. If they look a little wobbly, you have the 2nd version.)

I just looked -- mine is the cleanest, sweetest engraving I ever hope to see and covered with the plastic patch it shipped with. The L's are perfect.

Shame to leave it sit in a drawer forever I suppose, but all I wear are the Rollie Vintages and the Classics.

Bill

I just looked -- mine is the cleanest, sweetest engraving I ever hope to see and covered with the plastic patch it shipped with. The L's are perfect.

Shame to leave it sit in a drawer forever I suppose, but all I wear are the Rollie Vintages and the Classics.

Bill

Be a damn shame. Don't know whether it is ongoing, completed, or in haitus but over @ RWI there's a thread about a group buy of OEM dials. If I were you I'd buy one of those babies in an unusual color, hit the bay for a reasonably priced OEM strap, and either wear it as your true dress watch or sell it and buy yet another variant of the DRSD or something... :D

ON EDIT: I just noticed that the OP linked to pics of the Casablanca, not conquistador. I thought the thread subject line was unintended, but it looks like he is considering the casablanca.

Don't do either one of those--the dial and hands are both wrong, but everything else is great. The black number casa dial only existed in precious metal versions, I think, and the casablanca has never had the stuart-like hands which only appear on the cintree curvex dress watches.

Accurate versions of the 2852 sized casablanca exist, though...you want one that looks like this gen:

post-53-1166795094_thumb.jpg

Be a damn shame. Don't know whether it is ongoing, completed, or in haitus but over @ RWI there's a thread about a group buy of OEM dials. If I were you I'd buy one of those babies in an unusual color, hit the bay for a reasonably priced OEM strap, and either wear it as your true dress watch or sell it and buy yet another variant of the DRSD or something... :D

ON EDIT: I just noticed that the OP linked to pics of the Casablanca, not conquistador. I thought the thread subject line was unintended, but it looks like he is considering the casablanca.

Don't do either one of those--the dial and hands are both wrong, but everything else is great. The black number casa dial only existed in precious metal versions, I think, and the casablanca has never had the stuart-like hands which only appear on the cintree curvex dress watches.

Accurate versions of the 2852 sized casablanca exist, though...you want one that looks like this gen:

Thanks alot for your input arch...Could you please tell me as to where can i find an accurate version of the 2852 sized casablanca...one which is closest too the gen

Thanks,

iD

Mine is definitely the Conquistador - black face.

The more I look at it, the more I think I should wear it cuz it is one beautiful piece.

Bill

I know Paul sells it, but reports about his reliability are mixed. I highly reccomend eddie and jos, either of whom will probably be able to get one if they do not already have it in stock.

Thanks Arch

So you are saying i just ask eddie or josh if they have an accurate version of the 2852 casablanca..? I am actually wanting the solid gold by EL but he has only one piece left and i wont be getting back home till the 8th of Jan. What are your inputs on the accuracy of that piece? from what i have been reading from other posts, they say its one of the best reps available

Thanks Arch

So you are saying i just ask eddie or josh if they have an accurate version of the 2852 casablanca..? I am actually wanting the solid gold by EL but he has only one piece left and i wont be getting back home till the 8th of Jan. What are your inputs on the accuracy of that piece? from what i have been reading from other posts, they say its one of the best reps available

I'd say the SS version is probably common enough that your favorite dealer, whoever it might be, can probably get it for you. My main advice, either in SS or 18k, would be to get the 2824 and spend the change on a nice strap.

I put together the group buy on the 18k and was hugely relieved that it is every bit as nice as EL's pics with the exception of the buckle, which the more I look at it, the more I notice is not as nicely finished as the rest of the watch. (I'm assured it is solid gold, though, and others who bought it think it's fine.)

The rep is a copy of the precious metal casablancas made from the beginning through 2002, when they went to all SS and introduced a separate line of precious metal curvex dress watches. If you go to the search page and type in "18k AND muller" filtered by my user name, you'll easily find the long group buy thread with all the info you need (weight, sizes, and lots of pics).

A quick version: Case, back, and crown are all dead, on 1:1. Dial good enough that I'm not even going to bother to install the gen dial I had ready to drop in. Hands are much better than the ones on the SS version, and are really blued, but probably are not as nice as OEM side by side. Strap is genuine croc but the watch deserves better. It occurs to me now that the serial # is probably too high, if you even care about that which you should have no reason to.

Here's mine on an gen Patek strap and next to an OEM silver Long Island dial to get an idea of the print quality:

post-53-1166838257_thumb.jpg

post-53-1166838298_thumb.jpg

post-53-1166838361_thumb.jpg

I'd say the SS version is probably common enough that your favorite dealer, whoever it might be, can probably get it for you. My main advice, either in SS or 18k, would be to get the 2824 and spend the change on a nice strap.

I put together the group buy on the 18k and was hugely relieved that it is every bit as nice as EL's pics with the exception of the buckle, which the more I look at it, the more I notice is not as nicely finished as the rest of the watch. (I'm assured it is solid gold, though, and others who bought it think it's fine.)

The rep is a copy of the precious metal casablancas made from the beginning through 2002, when they went to all SS and introduced a separate line of precious metal curvex dress watches. If you go to the search page and type in "18k AND muller" filtered by my user name, you'll easily find the long group buy thread with all the info you need (weight, sizes, and lots of pics).

A quick version: Case, back, and crown are all dead, on 1:1. Dial good enough that I'm not even going to bother to install the gen dial I had ready to drop in. Hands are much better than the ones on the SS version, and are really blued, but probably are not as nice as OEM side by side. Strap is genuine croc but the watch deserves better. It occurs to me now that the serial # is probably too high, if you even care about that which you should have no reason to.

Here's mine on an gen Patek strap and next to an OEM silver Long Island dial to get an idea of the print quality:

Was wondering if you knew as to which movement just the genuine watch have? Also is there a difference in the strap of the 2824 and 2892