When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luck ran out on the a7750

Chuck P

I would get it serviced by a good modder that *knows* the quirks of modified A7750s? (there are a few on the rep boards) An OTB A7750  benefits from a proper service anyway and should make it last longer than new but YMMV. If you have more to spend, it's an opportunity to use it as a base for a build and make it something special.

• Like 1

I opened it up and found the start/stop and reset levels all out of whack. Slid all back into place and it works again! However it is poorly constructed and undoubtedly a time bomb. Need to keep my eyes open for a replacement.

Honestly, if you really love this watch, and it's a frequent wearer, I would be on the lookout for an ETA 7750. Just remember the 7750 comes in a bunch of different configurations, subdial locations, date, etc. so when you look, make sure what you buy is what you need. I believe the one that has the subdials at 3,6,9 is the 7753' but not sure. They aren't cheap, but they are a lot better movements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I've also read that the hand sizes between the swiss and asian movements vary- particularly the subdials- but maybe the center seconds hand also.

Have you thought about buying an asian 7750 with the same dial configuration and see if that works? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modified-Clone-7750-7753-automatic-daytona-chronograph-movement-strip-finishing-/221496008334?hash=item339230de8e