When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TAG Mikrotimer rep - service needed

sizleen515

I’ve had this rep for almost 2 yrs now, it’s been a great watch. I love the look. It might not be the best rep out there, but It looks pretty close to the real, obviously it doesn’t tell time down to the 1/1000th, but it also didn’t cost me almost $90k haha. The website I purchased it from claims that the movement is Miyota, all though I do not know the exact movement. If more pictures would help, i would be more than happy to oblige.

I’ve been having trouble recently in changing the time. It is slipping quite a bit and not allowing me to do so. I've also noticed that it doesnt have quite the time reserve as it used to. Doesnt matter how much its wound, or if i take it off at Midnight, it always stops at 3 a.m., therefore requiring me to change the time when i wake up.

Is this something that can be easily serviced? Does anyone have any recommendations on where to send it and how much that might be? I am in the U.S. 

Thanks so much for the help!

316apfr.jpg

16bgba9.jpg

280p4yg.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't service these, only ETA variants 28XX and 77XX, so cannot really comment on if a service would be better than replacing the movement.  These movements are not expensive, and I believe Cousinsuk is selling them now too, however eBay may work out cheaper.