When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My watch-work status..

dbane883

As some of you might be aware, I occasionally take on requests from members for modification services ranging from luming a rep dial to complete high-end big crown builds.  The most popular request these days seems to be lughole drilling and/or bevel/chamfer cutting on mid cases.

While i enjoy these tasks, some circumstances have arisen that forces me to hold off on accepting any more projects for members.. I still have a couple of items to clear up that have been in the cue for a couple of months (for a few members and myself), but thereafter, I will not be able to devote the time that is required to achieve the quality that I expect of my work.

I apologize to any of you that have recently inquired about services.  There are several lads that I can happily recommend that do tremendous work that include  (in no specific order): misikped, jmb, ssteel, mymanmatt, stonep, ...

Thanks

Y

Rats! After seeing the *gorgeous* shape you accomplished on that Big Crown build I was going to see if you could coax more "canoe" out of my "rowboat".

Ah well... at some point Monet had to lay down his brushes too.

I know the crystal ball is fuzzy, but is this permanent or could you be back to help out in a year or two if life settles down again?

The other projects i have lined up will keep me occupied for quite some time..  perhaps things will change in 6-8 months, and if they do, I'll let you know.   For high-end builds, I may still consider the work if its challenging, but the wait time will be significantly longer than one might reasonably be expected to wait.