When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Submission - Omega Planet Ocean 22mm Rubber Strap

r11co

Bernard....

Firstly, welcome to the boards! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Secondly, I"m a bit concerned you seem to be talking to yourself and/or answering your own posts! :blink:

Thirdly, try searching the dealer subforums here for what you desire ;)

And last but not least, my photos above are of my GENUINE 22mm rubber PO strap - no rep exists as yet. :whistling:

Doc-I found the photos. It's amazing what the search can do.

I realize this is an old thread but I have a question for you since you are the guru of the 22mm rep thats coming out.

Are there any prototypes that have been "leaked" or that have been sold?

The reason I ask is because I have seen HAF instead of GAF on a "Gen" 22mm strap.

Are there any variances of the acronym or is it ONLY GAF and HAF would indicate rep?

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PM'ed silix in regards to the special edition PO with rubber strap and he said that his contact was working on it.

He asked me if I had any decent links about the watch with pictures, serial numbers etc....

I sent him these links:

http://www.delldeaton.com/Bond-21-blog.htm

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...28273&rid=0

http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/...mes;read=291756

http://www.uhrenhandel.de/store/product_in...roducts_id=3544

So I have a feeling we will see this watch soon. If you want to help out contact silix and send him some detailed photos.

Cheers :D

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: For using Dell Deaton's pictures of his beloved watches as reference material for rep manufactures :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I don't think I have ever had to misfortune to encounter such an arrogant and over-opinionated human being before in my life.

Doc-I found the photos. It's amazing what the search can do.

I realize this is an old thread but I have a question for you since you are the guru of the 22mm rep thats coming out.

Are there any prototypes that have been "leaked" or that have been sold?

The reason I ask is because I have seen HAF instead of GAF on a "Gen" 22mm strap.

Are there any variances of the acronym or is it ONLY GAF and HAF would indicate rep?

Thanks.

Johnny, I'll give you this...you're persistent. As in dog with bone.

So since it's Easter, I'll bite but this is the very last time I reply to another post about these bloody initials - christ it was a joke for those in the know....GAF the firm, as you now know! Please drop it. All I can suggest is that maybe the strap code initials (you know the ones that are unseen and therefore totally irrelevant ;) ) may just be different either due to year of manufacture (I bought mine last autumn, Silix recently) or the location (mine in EU, Silix in Asia)??? Frankly, don't know....don't care.

For using Dell Deaton's pictures of his beloved watches as reference material for rep manufactures....I don't think I have ever had to misfortune to encounter such an arrogant and over-opinionated human being before in my life.

Actually Deaton's pics were only one of many refs (inc. first hand comparisons :whistling: ) but I always thought posting details like this revealed a certain naivety/low intelligence/nerd-like behaviour. Figures then that you say he's a [censored]. Do tell, we're all ears....

As for being "an arrogant and over-opinionated human being", well I'm afraid to say he's not alone amongst the wider WIS community, just hang out at any of the gen boards and you'll see them in droves :yawn:

Actually Deaton's pics were only one of many refs (inc. first hand comparisons :whistling: ) but I always thought posting details like this revealed a certain naivety/low intelligence/nerd-like behaviour. Figures then that you say he's a [censored]. Do tell, we're all ears....

As for being "an arrogant and over-opinionated human being", well I'm afraid to say he's not alone amongst the wider WIS community, just hang out at any of the gen boards and you'll see them in droves :yawn:

Not that many in this community (or on gen boards) make up catagories to grade watches and then refer to such grading in conversation as if they are Industry Standard terms ;)

Johnny, I'll give you this...you're persistent. As in dog with bone.

So since it's Easter, I'll bite but this is the very last time I reply to another post about these bloody initials - christ it was a joke for those in the know....GAF the firm, as you now know! Please drop it. All I can suggest is that maybe the strap code initials (you know the ones that are unseen and therefore totally irrelevant ;) ) may just be different either due to year of manufacture (I bought mine last autumn, Silix recently) or the location (mine in EU, Silix in Asia)??? Frankly, don't know....don't care.

No need to reply with such an insulent tone.

Just because YOU think it is irrelevant doesn't mean someone else may not feel different about those little initials.

You cry like a [censored] and wouldn't last long in the real world, unlike your weak attempt sounding so tough over the internet.

:thumbdown: May you lighten up and have a happy Easter.

No need to reply with such an insulent tone.

Just because YOU think it is irrelevant doesn't mean someone else may not feel different about those little initials.

You cry like a [censored] and wouldn't last long in the real world, unlike your weak attempt sounding so tough over the internet.

:thumbdown: May you lighten up and have a happy Easter.

My first instincts about you were obviously right.

A 3-month, 16-post (3 if you exclude PO strap threads) lurker/new recruit to our little community who thinks he has a god given right to constantly demand answers (instead of searching) to the same questions over and over again, pay no heed to what he's advised, and then have the ill manners to post such a response. Wow, how to lose friends and alienate people!!! :clap:

I was trying to help you for god's sake - my tone was finally one of exasperation, patience worn thin after several reply posts across a few threads on the same subject. I'm sorry but those initials ARE irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - if you think any differently then you desperately need to get a life. Seriously.

I won't even dignify your pathetic half-hearted insults with a response. :rolleyes:

Hey - I guess I win. The first RWG watch (OK, strap) poll that actually delivered the desired product :D :D

If Pugs can get free watches then why can't I get a free strap?!?!

Oh, and Del Deaton is a complete plank. I have had some direct dealings with him and he's annoying in the extreme - he doesn't know subtlety and is an utter embarrassment.

Hey - I guess I win. The first RWG watch (OK, strap) poll that actually delivered the desired product :D :D

If Pugs can get free watches then why can't I get a free strap?!?!

Oh, and Del Deaton is a complete plank. I have had some direct dealings with him and he's annoying in the extreme - he doesn't know subtlety and is an utter embarrassment.

You're absolutely spot on there. On another forum, in any post he made that discussed watches (which was most of them), any time he actually mentioned a watch by name, that name would be a hot-link to a picture of his own watch rather than a generic Google Image, which personally, I found extremely irritating and boastfull. Also, any time he wrote his name, that would also be a hot-link to his business websites. I don't think I could sum him up any better than you already have, other than to add he's an arrogant self-promoter. :thumbdown:

OK, I am a PO noob here. So am I to understand correctly that the rep rubber strap has a locating pin whereas the gen strap does not? Does that mean that the rep PO case has a hole drilled in it? If one were to buy a rep PO with a rubber strap already mounted, can he add a rep bracelet later?

I have not yet ordered a rep Planet Ocean with a rubber strap, but, have ordered both items seperately (for different watches) Neither of my rep POs (42mm, black and Orange) have a guide hole drilled in between the lugs. The rep strap (Seamaster Strap, not Planet Ocean Strap) does have a guide pin. I cut the pin off, and put it on my Orange PO. It gapes. Not enough to prevent me wearing it at all, but enough to be noticeable. It will be easier to order a Planet Ocean with a rubber strap and swap it for an SS Bracelet, than it would be to order a Planet Ocean with an SS Bracelet and try to swap it for a rubber strap. Hope that's been of help :)

I have not yet ordered a rep Planet Ocean with a rubber strap, but, have ordered both items seperately (for different watches) Neither of my rep POs (42mm, black and Orange) have a guide hole drilled in between the lugs. The rep strap (Seamaster Strap, not Planet Ocean Strap) does have a guide pin. I cut the pin off, and put it on my Orange PO. It gapes. Not enough to prevent me wearing it at all, but enough to be noticeable. It will be easier to order a Planet Ocean with a rubber strap and swap it for an SS Bracelet, than it would be to order a Planet Ocean with an SS Bracelet and try to swap it for a rubber strap. Hope that's been of help :)

Yes, that is extremely helpful. My dilemma: I have a PO on the way with one of those fantasy orange molded rubber strap - looks like the black one, with all the markings, etc. however it is molded orange rubber. Unless I'm missing something, I believe this is a fantasy strap which does not exist in gen world. So I want to switch to either a black rubber strap, or better yet a SS bracelet. I understand what you are saying, that it is easier to swap to SS bracelet, however I have read some threads that seem to indicate the springbar holes are in different positions on the rubber and SS versions.

Yes, that is extremely helpful. My dilemma: I have a PO on the way with one of those fantasy orange molded rubber strap - looks like the black one, with all the markings, etc. however it is molded orange rubber. Unless I'm missing something, I believe this is a fantasy strap which does not exist in gen world. So I want to switch to either a black rubber strap, or better yet a SS bracelet. I understand what you are saying, that it is easier to swap to SS bracelet, however I have read some threads that seem to indicate the springbar holes are in different positions on the rubber and SS versions.

From what I've read, I think this is because the rubber straps that most rep Planet Oceans are fitted with, is the Omega Seamaster strap. The Omega Planet Ocean has slightly differently shaped lugs (and a slightly different rubber strap) to the Omega Seamaster. This is why there has been some confusion and problems fitting one to the other. If you have a look at my Orange PO, you can clearly see the gape of the strap at the 6 position. It's something I can live with, but it is not ideal... As the watch was a gift, (and it was my own strap)I will be keeping it, but had it been an order, I would expect the strap to fit flush to the case. However, for someone ordering a Planet Ocean, I would suggest ordering precicely what they want, rather than ordering one, and planning to swap straps around. If indeed the lug holes are drilled differently to accomodate the rubber strap, then it might be just as problematic to fit the SS Bracelet. Then again, I have seen pictures of one Planet Ocean which had two sets of lug holes drilled so it could accept either. I would not like to speculate on how common this 'double hole' is though...

I forgot to say, I think the Planet Ocean is much more comfortable on the rubber strap than on the SS Bracelet. Might just be my own opinion (and normally I do prefer SS Bracelets) but thought it might be worth mentioning :)

OK, my PO on fantasy orange strap arrived, it has two sets of springbar holes, in addition to the pin guide hole drilled in the case. so I assume this means it can accommodate either a strap or a bracelet?

Question: If I can't get my hands on a black rep strap, I am considering using just a generic black rubber dive strap on 20mm springbars. But obviously this will reveal the extra set of springbar holes and the pin guide hole - will these be dead giveaways that this is a rep? Or does the gen have the same holes?

OK, my PO on fantasy orange strap arrived, it has two sets of springbar holes, in addition to the pin guide hole drilled in the case. so I assume this means it can accommodate either a strap or a bracelet?

Question: If I can't get my hands on a black rep strap, I am considering using just a generic black rubber dive strap on 20mm springbars. But obviously this will reveal the extra set of springbar holes and the pin guide hole - will these be dead giveaways that this is a rep? Or does the gen have the same holes?

Joshua sells a black rubber strap that will fit that watch perfectly for $35. It's in the Omega / Straps and accessories section. I have a PO with the same case. The gen doesn't have 2 sets of holes, or the guide hole.

I've gotten kind of mixed up here.....if i buy a genuine 22mm PO rubber strap will it fit my Ultimate PO 45mm??....just talked to my AD and he is giving me a very good deal....but i need to be quick

if no modding of the case is required i'll be buying the strap before i even have the watch :rolleyes:

Johnny, I'll may just be different either due to year of manufacture (I bought mine last autumn, Silix recently) or the location (mine in EU, Silix in Asia)??? Frankly, don't know....don't care.

I can confirm my 22mm one has "HAF" and the 20mm verion has "GAF" - both gens.

The 20mm has a number that is one number less- 98000144.

For both, the top of the 6 looks partially cut off just like docblackrock's.

Edited by Chronus

I was trying to help you for god's sake - my tone was finally one of exasperation, patience worn thin after several reply posts across a few threads on the same subject. I'm sorry but those initials ARE irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - if you think any differently then you desperately need to get a life. Seriously.

You're right - there are two keepers, and one is always covering those numbers, so no one would even notice even if you took it off and showed them the watch. It is almost fixed in place by the "tabs" on the side. Only an Omega AD would look at it if they wanted to replace a damaged strap!

I've gotten kind of mixed up here.....if i buy a genuine 22mm PO rubber strap will it fit my Ultimate PO 45mm??....just talked to my AD and he is giving me a very good deal....but i need to be quick

if no modding of the case is required i'll be buying the strap before i even have the watch :rolleyes:

The genuine 22mm strap fits on the "Ultimate" PO 45.5mm :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 months later...

Hi, does the Utlimat Version PO is water proof?? I ve heard that it is, I mean for normal swimming under water 1 or 2mt max, but I dont want to try it until Im sure it is..........Can anybody help me with that..???

Is there the rubber strap 22mm in the market???

Hi, does the Utlimat Version PO is water proof?? I ve heard that it is, I mean for normal swimming under water 1 or 2mt max, but I dont want to try it until Im sure it is..........Can anybody help me with that..???

Is there the rubber strap 22mm in the market???

I would not like to say for 100% certain that the Ultimate Planet Ocean is waterproof. But. You can always take the watch to a local watchsmith (an independantly owned family company is better than an official dealer) and have the watch pressure tested and waterproofed.

Silix sells the 22mm rubber strap for the Planet Ocean.

I would not like to say for 100% certain that the Ultimate Planet Ocean is waterproof. But. You can always take the watch to a local watchsmith (an independantly owned family company is better than an official dealer) and have the watch pressure tested and waterproofed.

Silix sells the 22mm rubber strap for the Planet Ocean.

Thank you very much TeeJay... just one Q, do I have to buy aditional spring bars to fit perfectly the U PO version if I buy the straps on S ilix?? thanks again.