When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

unacceptable puretime issues

irolexu

I can't seem to catch much luck these days with the TDs. I've bought 3 watches from puretime and 2 came in bad shape. First I received a blue dial DJII and when it came the paint had chipped off the dial, they refused to send me a new dial cause the QC images did not reveal this (perhaps shipping damage?) Ordered a new dial from intime and figured ok no big deal I'll have to just bite the bullet on this one. Now I pretty much lost my cool with the last order. Day-date II ordered and what I received is by no means even acceptable! The watch has rotor parts rattling around inside, the stem is coming all the way out and no matter how much I wind it it will not run. There is no way this watch could have passed QC!!! AND IT still is shipped to me!

All I have to say from MY experience is BUYER BEWARE

Edited by irolexu
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

First of all i would like to apologize for the delay in responding to this thread. I was made aware of it by Mike on a bike quite a few days ago, however i have been so preoccupied with some other matters that i have only had the time to sit down and get to it now. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies sir. 

I would like to ask you, irolexu... were you at any point offered by my staffs to send the watches back to us for a free repair and free reship? I would also like to ask... why did you not come to me about this directly via PM if you were not getting a favorable response from my staff/s? I have not had a PM from you about this (that i can see), yet it bothers you enough to create a thread about it and let a mod get involved. 

I would like to help correct this, but i would like to also say that threads like these are in somewhat of a bad taste. Writing a thread like this is damaging to a TDs reputation, and i feel (just my personal take on things) that a thread like this should be reserved for when you have exhausted all ways of trying to get this solved. You have been here almost 4 years, very high post count, so i know you know how to work with TDs, and i know you know about watches. Your problems clearly occurred during the shipping process:

1. "blue dial DJII and when it came the paint had chipped off the dial" - was it so in the QC pics? If not, then how can we be at fault for this? We didn't send you a defective product, but the shipping was clearly very bad, something we don't have a control over

2. "Day-date II ordered and what I received is by no means even acceptable! The watch has rotor parts rattling around inside, the stem is coming all the way out and no matter how much I wind it it will not run" - do you honestly think a watch will pass QC like this? Sir, the watch goes through THREE QC tests before QC pics are even sent:

a. QC, physical check with eyes and hands, if passed...

b. Waterproof check, put in dry test machine to check for waterproof - would not have passed this with defective stem 

c. Time accuracy check DEFINITELY wouldn't have passed this with the mentioned issues

So clearly, (and to me this should have been very obvious to a long term and dedicated member such as yourself) these problems did not start here at PureTime. This is not to say that i don't want to handle them, i am truly sorry this happened to you and you did not get the level of service you expected from us. I would like to make you happy, so please PM me and we can work things out. All i ask is next time, please come to me instead of writing a thread, because it saves so much time for you, saves so much hassle and not-needed bad PR for me, and everyone can be happy.

Finally thank you to Mike on a bike for alerting me to this and taking your time on this. Much appreciated my friend!

A

• Like 1

Good response from a TD. Shame, but sometimes a thread like this is needed to get a response - not saying that this is the case with Puretime just in general. Hope it works out well for irolexu.

First of all i would like to apologize for the delay in responding to this thread. I was made aware of it by Mike on a bike quite a few days ago, however i have been so preoccupied with some other matters that i have only had the time to sit down and get to it now. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies sir.

I would like to ask you, irolexu... were you at any point offered by my staffs to send the watches back to us for a free repair and free reship? I would also like to ask... why did you not come to me about this directly via PM if you were not getting a favorable response from my staff/s? I have not had a PM from you about this (that i can see), yet it bothers you enough to create a thread about it and let a mod get involved.

I would like to help correct this, but i would like to also say that threads like these are in somewhat of a bad taste. Writing a thread like this is damaging to a TDs reputation, and i feel (just my personal take on things) that a thread like this should be reserved for when you have exhausted all ways of trying to get this solved. You have been here almost 4 years, very high post count, so i know you know how to work with TDs, and i know you know about watches. Your problems clearly occurred during the shipping process:

1. "blue dial DJII and when it came the paint had chipped off the dial" - was it so in the QC pics? If not, then how can we be at fault for this? We didn't send you a defective product, but the shipping was clearly very bad, something we don't have a control over

2. "Day-date II ordered and what I received is by no means even acceptable! The watch has rotor parts rattling around inside, the stem is coming all the way out and no matter how much I wind it it will not run" - do you honestly think a watch will pass QC like this? Sir, the watch goes through THREE QC tests before QC pics are even sent:

a. QC, physical check with eyes and hands, if passed...

b. Waterproof check, put in dry test machine to check for waterproof - would not have passed this with defective stem

c. Time accuracy check DEFINITELY wouldn't have passed this with the mentioned issues

So clearly, (and to me this should have been very obvious to a long term and dedicated member such as yourself) these problems did not start here at PureTime. This is not to say that i don't want to handle them, i am truly sorry this happened to you and you did not get the level of service you expected from us. I would like to make you happy, so please PM me and we can work things out. All i ask is next time, please come to me instead of writing a thread, because it saves so much time for you, saves so much hassle and not-needed bad PR for me, and everyone can be happy.

Finally thank you to Mike on a bike for alerting me to this and taking your time on this. Much appreciated my friend!

A

Hi, thank you for your response. I have sent emails with no response and clearly as you stated you haven't been able to personally attend this issue so a message to you directly is irrelevant as in the past I have pm messaged you with weeks in between responses. I do not want to wait weeks to be told to wait a month for free shipping and repair. That puts me at risk for receiving the same issues. I understand the package leaves your hand and no longer is your responsibility but what I don't understand is the after sale handling. I get no responses to my email and I'm not happy writing posts like this but put your self in the consumers shoes. Would you appreciate having to wait several days to weeks for a response only to be told to wait possibly months for repairs that don't guarantee anything on these replicas? I am having to pay a watch maker locally to now do all of these repairs and I've had to source a dial else where for the date just II. my issue comes from communication not the problems at hand which could have been solved by a quick response. As a long time standing member to another I do apologize for the frustrating public post how ever I do feel it was necessary due to my experiences

• Like 1