When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with my 1675

Vinguru

Last friday my cartel 1675 arrived. It looks ok but really needs the mods i'm planning.

I do have a problem though: the minute hand gets stuck every few hours. Time keeping is good for a few hours and then the minute hand stops moving. The second hand though is then still going strong. Resetting the time works and winding the watch is like stirring glass.

I contacted my TD a he adviced me to reinstall the hands. Is this the correct way to go according to you guys? Also do i send the watch back to china or should i find a watchmaker in NL?

Thanks for you help!

post-14911-143365874466.jpg

It does sound like its a simple case of refitting the hands so they don't catch one another etc.  You would be best to find a local watchmaker to do this, its a quick repair, and would save you the headache returning it to China as you would be without your watch for a couple of months.  

NL, is that Holland, or are you Stateside?

It does sound like its a simple case of refitting the hands so they don't catch one another etc. You would be best to find a local watchmaker to do this, its a quick repair, and would save you the headache returning it to China as you would be without your watch for a couple of months.

NL, is that Holland, or are you Stateside?

Thx for your quick reply. I live in holland, europe.

I'm also in EU, Finland, drop me a pm, and I will get you booked in for the repair.

My 1655 has just been to Finand for an overhaul and can't wait to get it back!!! I can highly recommend SSTEEL a highly trustworthy member and a good friend :clap2: