When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 Build

HaydenM

Hi All,

I have been tossing up between building a 1680 or a 1675 for my second rolex as I need a watch with a date and I think I've settled on the 1675. I have read around the forums trying to find a cheap build.

At the moment I'm thinking of starting with:

• Cartel 1675 as a base
  • Yuki Dial / hands set

For the insert I will either go with pepsi or blueberry but I am seeking advice on which inserts are good and the best place to source them.

Overall I'm just seeing if anybody has advice for an inexpensive 1675 build.

Thanks in advance,

HaydenM

Use a gen insert if you go with a Pepsi. Service inserts are about $150... If you want a blueberry, I believe Michael Young at CWP still carries very nice all blue inserts.

Good luck with the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered the base watch this afternoon. Where would you suggest for finding a service dial for that price?

Thanks

I think you may have misread. He wrote service inserts, which means the bezel insert. That's not for the dial.

I meant to write service inserts, had just been reading over dial stuff so the word must have been on my brain :p.

So I'll restate :p

Where would you suggest for finding a service insert for that price?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought the same watch and sent it to rolexaddict for mods. He ads a flat case back from raffles, does a lot of case work, drills the lug holes, adds a clark plexi, ads a gen spec insert (clark, i think) and does aging and relume.

It should be here in two weeks, i certainly show the result!

I recently bought the same watch and sent it to rolexaddict for mods. He ads a flat case back from raffles, does a lot of case work, drills the lug holes, adds a clark plexi, ads a gen spec insert (clark, i think) and does aging and relume.

It should be here in two weeks, i certainly show the result!

I look forward to seeing it :)