When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinion On The Seamaster Gmt

cypher

I really really like the Seamaster GMT but I'm used to wearing bigger watches 44mm and 45mm. Since the GMT is only 40mm I was wondering if it would feels smaller on the wrist. So...

What do others who wear bigger watches and own the GMT think?

Does the thinkness make up for the smaller size?

Why is th GMT smaller than the regualar 42mm SMP and should I jsut get that?

Thanks!!

Edit: Is it a working GNT?

I particularly like the white Seamaster GMT, but the gen version not the rep because the color of the hands is way off. If I were to buy a gen, this is the watch I would probably buy. The subtle wave pattern on the dial blows me away.

You do realize that there is also an SMP GMT? I have this watch and it is fantastic. I have the ETA edition, but there is a version with an Asian movement for about $100 from Andrew. He calls it a 40 mm, but the most conservative measure would be ab. 41 mm.

Seamaster feels much bigger watch than Submariner or any Rolex, imho. It's thicker, heavier and bulkier.

I'm a huge fan of all Seamaster GMT's... but the black one is my favourite. I finally managed to source a good rep of this. This is absolutely awesome looker... and is becoming my favourite Omega ever.

I'm currently doing a review of this watch... which will explain everything. :)

172168-9298.jpg

172168-9299.jpg

Very nice triplehd.

Funny thing... we all know how people rarely notice watches. But there seems to be exceptions too... I was wearing my black GMT today at work and a friend of a friend noticed my watch and said... "Hey, great looking watch... is it a Rolex?"

I answered like Bond "No... I wear Oh-meeh-ga". :lol:

Very nice triplehd.

Funny thing... we all know how people rarely notice watches. But there seems to be exceptions too... I was wearing my black GMT today at work and a friend of a friend noticed my watch and said... "Hey, great looking watch... is it a Rolex?"

I answered like Bond "No... I wear a Oh-meeh-ga". :lol:

Rolex, Omegas, they're all the same, huh? :D

I plan on swapping out the bracelet with the black Omega Rubber straps - something different for the watch. I did see your thread that you got this from WBK for $95. Can I say what a steal? :Jumpy:

I did see your thread that you got this from WBK for $95. Can I say what a steal? :Jumpy:

Yes. I'm amazed if he can't sell every single one of these... if he can get more into the stock.

I own the Seamaster GMT Pro Co-Axial...and I love it. I do believe that the thinkness makes it a very strudy watch. It fits great and feels great....I've never had an issue with the size.

Just the other night, a buddy of mine was speaking at a meeting and he asked if he could hold my watch to keep the time from going over on his speaking. His response when he finished was: Wow...this is a very fine watch, I love the thickness and weight. Not to mention, it looks great.