When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anyone picked up a Parnis watch lately?

alligoat

I ran across this submariner knock-off with a Miyota movement and it seemed like a good deal for $124 shipped to the US.

_121_zpsentbge56.jpg

It's only WR to 30 meters, but I've been buying some beaters lately with Miyotas in them. I like to think of them as a step above the dg2813.

Sometimes I like to wear a low key no name type of watch instead of a Rolex or a rep...

I also liked this 40mm no name DJ watch- also I believe a Parnis, but w/ the dg2813 ( I hope! ),

T2eC16dHJF0E9nmFSzjnBQ1k0Eg60_121_zpsgba

This one is $109 shipped from HK.

Just curious if anyone else is buying these cheap knock-offs!

Speaking of Seikos- this Invicta comes with the Seiko NH35A movement. Picked up the all gold model diver for $86 from Amazon. It's a 8920-BP with the old style coin edge bezel.

photo%209_zpspp1ivake.jpg

Running the gold test on it now- seeing how long the gold plating lasts in the warm Texas sun!

I'm very pleased with the Seiko NH35A movement- seems to be pretty accurate- maybe a little more so than the Miyota 8215. But the Japanese movements beat the DG2813 hands down in my book for reliability. But they also cost roughly 50% more.

The Japanese movements are pretty decent. The quality control is FAR better than the Chinese movements and they're good solid designs for the most part. I know of Seikos that guys brought home from Vietnam in the 60's that are still running and keeping time and some of them haven't ever been serviced according to their owners.