When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster Pro Gen or Rep EBAY

mountaineer

I am looking at this auction on ebay.  Do you think it is a gen or fake?  I know the bracelet is not original.  Attached are the pics and the quote from the seller. What are your thoughts?

NASA Moon watch. Found at estate sale. Slight scratches on wrist band, Crystal is not broken but has some very small scratches. Keeps time, but stop watch doesn't work. I'm selling this watch as is. I can't confirm it's authenticity. Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch 3577.50.000

post-56638-0-53535800-1434111148_thumb.p

post-56638-0-65039000-1434111169_thumb.p

post-56638-0-17171000-1434111187_thumb.p

Photos aren't clear enough, but dial looks okay to me. If the chrono isn't working I'd not pay too much as it needs a bracelet and a service if it turns out to be gen.

No movement shot, no deal. Why even bother with such poor photos? Who could possibly tell?

No one here has the magic to be able to tell rep from gen for such blurry pics.

I'd walk/run from this one unless you buy it knowing that it may be a rep or franken.

Sent from the my iPhone using Tapatalk s

Thanks for the replies. I am going to pass on this. The seller never answered back with questioned that I asked. Also, I suspect the seller is bidding on their own auction. There was a bid retraction that looked to sniff out the high auto bids and then mysterious bids by a user with zero feedback.