When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Leiter…Felix Leiter

JoeyB

A magnificent thread! Delighted that some of you watch goofs are elders.

I was mesmerized by the magic of " bond"& purchased my first sub shortly after " gold finger" when $204.00 was way beyond what normal people would devote to a wristwatch! In retrospect that amount was close to what a term cost in college....

The majesty of rolex lives!

Best, mcotter......

Oh, you want to know what watch the legendary CIA Agent Felix Leiter wore? The very first diver’s watch, of course. The Rolex Submariner 6204.

attachicon.gif6204 face.JPGattachicon.gif6204 dial.JPG

attachicon.gifface1.JPGattachicon.gifface 2.JPG

attachicon.gifcrown.JPG

attachicon.gifside 3.JPG

attachicon.gifBrevet.JPGattachicon.gifserial.JPG

Beautiful 6204! Your hands are perfect! Did you make the hour and seconds hands?

Mine says hello. :-)

IMG_20150621_155947_edit_edit_zpso5lwk1i

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The famous scene with Bond wearing the watch while checking the time with his lighter (in a white dinner jacket while his bomb detonates) was in "From Russia with Love."

Incorrect. It was Goldfinger. Bond did check his watch (for another explosion) in From Russia With Love, but no lighter was used. 

Incorrect. It was Goldfinger. Bond did check his watch (for another explosion) in From Russia With Love, but no lighter was used.

I know. I realized shortly after I wrote that comment that I had mixed up my movies, and it was pointed out to me by Freddy333, so I posted again to retract it. You'll see my comment a few down from my original one.