When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with V72 6239 assembly

drecupido

I've been working of a v72 6239 rep. I gave up for a few months and I'm getting back to it.

The movement is a v726 from an Enicar. Everything fits beautifully in the case, except that the dial feet are too short. It appears that the Enicar dial "flares" a bit at the edges and the spacers between the dial and movement might be longer than usual. Has anyone seen this? Would you just have the dial feet extended to accommodate? Or, will the increase in spacing between the dial and case cause a problem with the hands. This is my first watch assembly and I think I my have picked a tough one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Most people use a watchmaker to assemble a V72 Daytona. I used 2 different watchmakers to assemble my 6238. My problem was that the pre-Carrera Heuer movement that I wanted to use had plates that were too big to fit in the DW 6239 case that I was trying to use- I ended up using a Wittnauer V72 movement instead and it all came together. Valjoux would make slight modifications to the movements to accommodate the watch manufacturer's specific needs. This could easily be the case with your Enicar. If the spacers are a part of your movement, the movement may not be suitable for a 6239 (or any other Daytona) build. Can you remove the spacers? If not, the chances of finding another movement top plate could be tough. It would be too bad, because the 726 is a great late Valjoux movement with the 21,600 bph and is perfect especially for a 6263/6265 build, matching most closely the 727 made by Rolex.

It would help if you could post some pics. You also might consider seeking professional help. I don't know where you are but knowing your location would be useful, we might be able to point you in the right direction to find help.     

It has been awhile (so you might search out my original construction threads to be sure), but I seem to recall having had a similar problem with 1st dial (DW) & Enicar I used for my 6241. I ended up dial dots to affix the dial to the pillar plate. Fortunately, the feet on the current dial (MQ) were long enough to fit without adhesives.