When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What It Boiled Down To...

Richard Tracy

Sorry for my lack of participation lately. Hard drive died on the morning of Friday-22-December-2006 (RIP) so you can understand my lack of excitement about the holiday period (for which I lose out on money - only lowly paid for hours worked).

I'm at work now and hoping to install WinXP tonight - I hate doing that :(

Voted IWC and Paul Picot and looks like they made it.

The paul picot is really beautiful, a good way to do something new without any particular complication

If...and it's a big if...the repmaker can do the dial and the date indicator, the Picot is the obvious choice. Sadly, though, I think the world will have yet another IWC not to buy.

If...and it's a big if...the repmaker can do the dial and the date indicator, the Picot is the obvious choice. Sadly, though, I think the world will have yet another IWC not to buy.

LOL!

I'm hoping (if it's the IWC) that it will be available in titanium. Allergies and all of that.

Unfortunately, it seems Ti reps are dying down... A lot of them go out of production pretty quickly, and I haven't seen a new rep using Ti in a while, a lot of watches that are originally titanium are repped as SS. (Think 194 and AMG Ingenieur)

It's a pity... and also the reason I haven't bought those particular ones even though I like them. I want a decent collection of titanium watches I can wear in the summer. At the moment I am restricted to : Breitling Avenger Seawolf, PAM192, PAM036, Omega SMP Chrono (titanium), Omega SMP Chrono (titanium, gold, tanatalium), solid gold Franck Muller Casablanca, IWC GST Chrono... not too much variation!

The GP Seahawk (eventually?) and IWC Aquatimer may have been ok to add a few more there. Perhaps a future ceramic/titanium Hublot Big Bang ?

It's a pity... and also the reason I haven't bought those particular ones even though I like them. I want a decent collection of titanium watches I can wear in the summer. At the moment I am restricted to : Breitling Avenger Seawolf, PAM192, PAM036, Omega SMP Chrono (titanium), Omega SMP Chrono (titanium, gold, tanatalium), solid gold Franck Muller Casablanca, IWC GST Chrono... not too much variation!

The GP Seahawk (eventually?) and IWC Aquatimer may have been ok to add a few more there. Perhaps a future ceramic/titanium Hublot Big Bang ?

Didn't I give you advice about not buying watches you don't like? :brow:

Didn't I give you advice about not buying watches you don't like? :brow:

Which ones don't I like? And these I've had for a while. Think I may stop and take a break for a while. Money really isn't good you know! :bangin: