When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen spec spring bars?

konadoc

There are a number of different places and some good threads here that discuss member experiences with the different sources.  Startime has good ones, but you either need an account or you need to find someone who has one.

I bought a set of Yuki gen spec bars, and while they were cheap ($5 shipped), the internal springs were/are kind of weak.  In fact, one of the internal springs broke while I was trying to finagle the ends into a set of WSO 580 end links.  Now the pins slide around in that bar.

Here is a great set that was referred to me by a modder over on RWI. You can either buy one set for $8 or 2 sets for $12.  The caliper measurements are dead on to gen and the tips will come all the way out to the ends of the lugholes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Fat-S-S-Pin-Spring-Bar-Older-Rolex-Watch-Submariner-GMT-II-2x20mm-2x-RL-SB6/181835948267?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33097%26meid%3Dc9e03375002c4efbae2753e9f682954c%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D400904811191

• Like 1

If you do a search, dbane did a comparison of spring bars not that long ago.  I think the consensus was that ST spring bars were the closest to gen and are reasonably priced.  I have several sets and they are nice and functional.  I did not have good luck with the bars I bought from sellers on ebay.  The springs inside are not as good and they did not seem to last or function as well.  I do change straps and bracelets a lot though.