When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

username here

56045467ee68d_20150923_112911_Burst021.t

My latest franken assembled by my friend Ephry.  The build specs are: ST case with lugs drilled for gen spring bars.  The lugs were softened just a little to give a nice, aged appearance.  The dial and hands are genuine tritium.  It doesn't glow, but I love the older dial. This one has aged well with a creamy look to the indicies.  The DW and crystal are gen- sourced from a friend/watch maker in NYC.  The insert is also gen with perfect age appropriate fading.  Crown & tube are of course real- as is the bracelet.  I found a gen 93150 from 1998, so it's much newer, but it was the right price and is nearly NOS.  

The movement: I should have taken pictures, but the movement was done by Miskopied and started as a yuki 3135.  He added a genuine auto wind module as well as gen hour/minute/second wheels.  The movement is as close to gen as you can get!  It keeps time to within rolex specs and the power reserve is fantastic.

I have a correct box/papers set for this model and it's quickly become my favorite beater.  I'll try to take a few more pictures, but for now . . . 

• Like 1