When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with submariner bezel installation

watchme22

Been trying to put a Franken together for the past couple days  but the bezel is giving me some problems.  The bezel turns smoothly outside of the case but once I install it on to the case  it gets stuck and will not turn. 

Not sure if there's a trick or some sort of a tip to get this thing on and turning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or I may need to find someone that knows how to do it  

Well like ssteel said, photos and parts list would be helpful.   Seems like the issue could be a lot of things but we are in the dark without more details/pics.  If you cant muster that, then you are on your own.

The issue could include one or more of the below (assuming we are talking about gen construction 16610 sub):

• The crystal gasket is too thick thereby expanding the retaining ring such that there is too much friction against the bezel
  • The bezel is bent due to inproper installation
  • The retaining ring could also be damaged/bent
  • The crystal diameter is too wide thereby expanding the gasket too much and thus creating problem already explained in point #1
  • The retaining ring and bezel are not compatible with each other (if you matched a retaining ring from one manufacturer with a bezel from another, very good chance they will not mate properly)
  • something else I am too tired to think about right now

Edited by dbane883
  • Like 1

Hey Mike,

Im also trying to reach you. I have two zenith daytonas. One was your build for Curt941. I would like to send you my other one for some tlc. Please pm me with your contact info. Your inbox is full.