When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need help for titanium CG replacement

Legend

Guys, 

I recently bought a DSN PAM57C and as many of you may know, the titanium crown guard is not exactly the best, in terms of shape and accuracy.

I would like to ask where I could buy a more accurate crown guard to replace this one, and whether any of you kind gentlemen are inclined to sell me one please.

I would be grateful for any help rendered. Thank you all in advance.

Perhaps I can suggest a CG from a PAM089?  That is another titanium model that may fit your application.

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=10605

I don't have any parts, but I do have a working PAM089 should you need any detailed photos to make a determination if it's a fit for you needs.

Let me know.

sead1999  reachable over Repgeek  -  write PM

sead on rwg  =  Supermirrors  - write PM

email adress:  topproductsinc@yahoo.com

sead titanium crown-guard is a A-F serie CG,

fits perfect,

maybe new case tube would be necessary.

i alos have this CG on my 057 case from davidsen.

regards

rolli

Perhaps I can suggest a CG from a PAM089?  That is another titanium model that may fit your application.

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=10605

I don't have any parts, but I do have a working PAM089 should you need any detailed photos to make a determination if it's a fit for you needs.

Let me know.

sead1999  reachable over Repgeek  -  write PM

sead on rwg  =  Supermirrors  - write PM

email adress:  topproductsinc@yahoo.com

sead titanium crown-guard is a A-F serie CG,

fits perfect,

maybe new case tube would be necessary.

i alos have this CG on my 057 case from davidsen.

regards

rolli

Thank you very much guys for your very knowledgable insights and help. I will go do some homework from here.

Rolli, when you say a new tube is needed, I assume that the space between crown guard and crown is smaller for the set up?

Thank you.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Thank you very much guys for your very knowledgable insights and help. I will go do some homework from here.

Rolli, when you say a new tube is needed, I assume that the space between crown guard and crown is smaller for the set up?

Thank you.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

davidsen case tubes are too short , his crown-guard lever too long , that's why he snded down the lever and the lock pressure is wrong,

because the lever shoves and has no lock pressure snap.

it is amateur work.

a new longer case tube,. and to enlarge the round recess with a driller or miller, adjust the oem davidsen ti crown with double o-ring

on the crown-neck  with the tube and lever, and polish down a little bit till the tibe front till the vrown and lever gives a perfect lock pressure with snap effect.

don't grind down the lever  !!!!!!!

all the best

rolli

Reworking For Oem Crown.jpeg

Funny, I have the same issue with my 089. CG fit to the case is very gappy. I have removed the CG and strategically filed down the bottoms of the feet which has reduced the gaps but now there only just barely enough room to pull the crown all the way out when setting the time. Still works but jut barely.

Funny, I have the same issue with my 089. CG fit to the case is very gappy. I have removed the CG and strategically filed down the bottoms of the feet which has reduced the gaps but now there only just barely enough room to pull the crown all the way out when setting the time. Still works but jut barely.

to grind down the crown-guard feets is the most worst way to do this modification.

new longer tube and to grind down the tube front part till the crown and lever gives the perfect lock pressure snap.

regards

rolli

to grind down the crown-guard feets is the most worst way to do this modification.

new longer tube and to grind down the tube front part till the crown and lever gives the perfect lock pressure snap.

regards

rolli

I think you misunderstood my problem. The surface of the CG that mates with the surface of the case, and the surface of the case, were not even close to matching. Large gaps were present where portions of the CG were not contacting the case when the CG was installed. The only way to fix this is either file the CG or the case or get a CG that fits better. My point was you need to be very selective and efficient with your filing so that you don't end up with the CG being too close to the case.

davidsen case tubes are too short , his crown-guard lever too long , that's why he snded down the lever and the lock pressure is wrong,

because the lever shoves and has no lock pressure snap.

it is amateur work.

a new longer case tube,. and to enlarge the round recess with a driller or miller, adjust the oem davidsen ti crown with double o-ring

on the crown-neck  with the tube and lever, and polish down a little bit till the tibe front till the vrown and lever gives a perfect lock pressure with snap effect.

don't grind down the lever  !!!!!!!

all the best

rolli

Reworking_For_Oem_Crown.thumb.jpeg.d6282171abdc42bce34e3dd95e30fa46.jpeg

Wow Rolli that's very insightful thank you very sincerely. I'll post the watch when it's all done with a special mention for those who helped this panerai noob out!

this is a special tube special made for me.

it has a longer front part, longer than from davidsen the tubes.

after pressed in the case

the inner tube measure must be fine enlarged with a reamer and control it with the davidsen oem crown ) crown with double o-ring on the neck.

after that you have to grind down the tube front part with a corundum rubber wheel, check it with the crown and CG-lever pressure.

all the best

rolli

Pre-V Tubus Longer.jpeg

• Like 1

this is a special tube special made for me.

it has a longer front part, longer than from davidsen the tubes.

after pressed in the case

the inner tube measure must be fine enlarged with a reamer and control it with the davidsen oem crown ) crown with double o-ring on the neck.

after that you have to grind down the tube front part with a corundum rubber wheel, check it with the crown and CG-lever pressure.

all the best

rolli

Pre-V Tubus Longer.jpeg

Thanks a lot Rolli!!