When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC GST Chrono 7750 movement

Chronus

I was wondering if it's at all possible to switch the Asian 7750 movement in the IWC GST Chrono (black dial - titanium case) for a genuine Swiss ETA 7750 movement?

Has any modder tried this? Is it the exact same size and therefore no problems to do this ?

It shouldn't be a problem. But, the asian 7750 that comes in the GST is the new, higher quality one that is supposedly on par with the swiss one, so I'm not sure it would really be worth it.

Ok I think a dealer said they wont make it with a genuine ETA 7750 as it is not necessarily a high demand watch, but one also said that a genuine ETA wouldnt fit... so I'm unsure.

What's probably more important (intersting?) is whether genuine ETA 7750 parts fit into the Asian 7750 copy. If this is the case, there's no problems getting it repaired in future, if necessary.

What's probably more important (intersting?) is whether genuine ETA 7750 parts fit into the Asian 7750 copy. If this is the case, there's no problems getting it repaired in future, if necessary.

I would not recommend replacing the Asian with the ETA on this model, for a few reasons.

1. all these models I have seen have the new Asian 7750 that is as good as an ETA in my opinion.

2. if you get an ETA, at $200-400 for the movement alone, you still have to service it at some point, so your out of pocket the money for the ETA, when it's not necessary to replace it as the Asian movement is very good.

Some genuine parts fit the ETA, but not all...I have not tried part for part on the new Asian one, but I know that on the older Asian models, the great wheel and cannon pinion were not the same.

I would say most of the parts are interchangeable, but not all of them. And realistically, what parts would you need, other than a new mainspring every service, or maybe a balance wheel if you dropped the watch...

I would save my money and stick with the Asian one it comes with...

RG

I would not recommend replacing the Asian with the ETA on this model, for a few reasons.

1. all these models I have seen have the new Asian 7750 that is as good as an ETA in my opinion.

2. if you get an ETA, at $200-400 for the movement alone, you still have to service it at some point, so your out of pocket the money for the ETA, when it's not necessary to replace it as the Asian movement is very good.

Some genuine parts fit the ETA, but not all...I have not tried part for part on the new Asian one, but I know that on the older Asian models, the great wheel and cannon pinion were not the same.

I would say most of the parts are interchangeable, but not all of them. And realistically, what parts would you need, other than a new mainspring every service, or maybe a balance wheel if you dropped the watch...

I would save my money and stick with the Asian one it comes with...

RG

The Zigmeister , is it possibile to replace an old 7750 with a new 7750 in a chrono like omega broad arrow?

I've seen the new 7750 model is used only in 2 or 3 replicas and i don't understand the reason.

Would you recommend it?

Ziggy , is it possibile to replace an old 7750 with a new 7750 in a chrono like omega broad arrow?

I've seen the new 7750 model is used only in 2 or 3 replicas and i don't understand the reason.

Would you recommend it?

Possible, but I don't think you can buy the new Asian 7750 alone....if you could only get the movement, sure it's possible to swap it out.

Would I recommend it?

I have my 13 month old 188 on my wrist today, I wear this watch 3-4 times a week, and use the crap out of the chrono's...it was serviced 13 months ago, I use it all the time, and it's got the Old Asian 7750 in it. The watch works perfect, never a problem, keeps accurate time, chrono resets to 12 every time...etc...

So it's hard for me to bad mouth the Old 7750, when the one I have works great (and so do the other ones I have with the old 7750 in them...). I have only had one return of an older version 7750 after I serviced it, and I have serviced dozens of these models...one bad watch out of dozens, and this one was defective...

You can draw your own conclusions based on real life examples.

RG

Possible, but I don't think you can buy the new Asian 7750 alone....if you could only get the movement, sure it's possible to swap it out.

Would I recommend it?

I have my 13 month old 188 on my wrist today, I wear this watch 3-4 times a week, and use the crap out of the chrono's...it was serviced 13 months ago, I use it all the time, and it's got the Old Asian 7750 in it. The watch works perfect, never a problem, keeps accurate time, chrono resets to 12 every time...etc...

So it's hard for me to bad mouth the Old 7750, when the one I have works great (and so do the other ones I have with the old 7750 in them...). I have only had one return of an older version 7750 after I serviced it, and I have serviced dozens of these models...one bad watch out of dozens, and this one was defective...

You can draw your own conclusions based on real life examples.

RG

:)

Perhaps i'm a bit paranoic.

I have to admit, when The Zigmeister recommends, I take his word for it. Almost anyone else I still have questions!

:rolleyes:

I was going to ask for the Swiss ETA 7750 put in it's place but I'll try this Asian 7750 out. If only there was someone in the EU to service it like The Zigmeister can. It's just the post to and from there that I worry about. Paranoia.... first the titanium, then PT's solid gold midlinks, now the Asian 7750.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........... :Jumpy: