When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You Wake Up One Day And All The Rep Dealers Are Gone!

elprimerozen

Guest chronomat123

We all start building our own Franken Rolexes with genuine parts and create a global Rolex parts shortage.

Somehow I feel this is already happening, as I remember back in the day Rolex parts on eBay were way cheaper.

I am very happy with almost all of the reps that I own. Considering that most of my life (before I discovered reps) I would wear a single watch for 5 or so years at a time before getting tired of it, I would survive. Of course there will always be those "handful" of watches that I desire to "complete" my collection.

I have neither the visual acuity, steady hands, or dexterity to tinker on my watches. So I would probably place greater priority on getting them serviced preemptively so they last the rest of my lifetime (as opposed to wearing them until they need repair and then having them serviced).

Long live Joshua and Andrew and Neil and Eddie and River and King and Paul and Angus and Reg and .....

I am very happy with almost all of the reps that I own. Considering that most of my life (before I discovered reps) I would wear a single watch for 5 or so years at a time before getting tired of it, I would survive. Of course there will always be those "handful" of watches that I desire to "complete" my collection.

I have neither the visual acuity, steady hands, or dexterity to tinker on my watches. So I would probably place greater priority on getting them serviced preemptively so they last the rest of my lifetime (as opposed to wearing them until they need repair and then having them serviced).

Long live Joshua and Andrew and Neil and Eddie and River and King and Paul and Angus and Reg and .....

:1a: Yes long live all the dealers!!! :1a:

i collected seiko's for a long time. mostly vintage divers and chronos and am still active there and own quite a few. same with military watches on MWR, and the dive watch lagoon that ty runs is a great forum.

then there would be making sure all the reps i have are serviced and waterproofed and modded where practical. plus i collect knives and flashlights and...

i would miss it but get over it before too long :black_eye:

Lets imagine that one day we wake up and every dealer disapears!!!What do you think will be our reaction when we realized that we are left with only the reps that we have allready order??? :g::)

Mass Suicide and Rioting in the Streets

Just in case, i'll start whipping up some kool aid mix

this is much more of a crystalcranium topic :)

then there would be making sure all the reps i have are serviced and waterproofed and modded where practical. plus i collect knives and flashlights and...

You collect flashlights? Like over on candelpower forums? :blink:

My buddy and I were just looking at odd collection hobbies the other day and I think the most obscure we came up with was collecting flashlights... small world :D

The funny thing is he asked me "why would you collect flashlights, you only ever need one..." then we both looked at the only wrist I wear a watch on...

Lets put it this way:Imagine that a big disaster strikes at swiss...and all the factories are gone!!!..and the only factory for rolex omega patek VC.......is in china imagine the price of our reps will go skyhigh!!! :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

You see tragedy I see business opportunity :)

This is why by the way I tell my wife I can't wait on reps I must have them now now now. You never know when that old iron curtain nuke comes back. Or or or the big asteroid heading for us as we speak

The funny thing is he asked me "why would you collect flashlights, you only ever need one..." then we both looked at the only wrist I wear a watch on...

:D:D:D

i don't spend that much time on candlepower.com but i do have 8-10 good lights and another half dozen small led's. oh and bicycle lights. and a couple surefires that are dedicated to firearms :blink:

not like a real collection!

:D:D:D

i don't spend that much time on candlepower.com but i do have 8-10 good lights and another half dozen small led's. oh and bicycle lights. and a couple surefires that are dedicated to firearms :blink:

not like a real collection!

Ok, but how many replica flashlights do you own? I have a noobmaglight that looks great, but the rehaut in is WAY off :bleh:

Lets imagine that one day we wake up and every dealer disapears!!!What do you think will be our reaction when we realized that we are left with only the reps that we have allready order??? :g::)

what a thought :D

ill first advice my legal protection attorney payin the bailment

to release them all from prison...

Then ill book the next flight to the netherlands antilles :bangin: