When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finding a New Movement?

GetReplicaWatches

hey guys. 

I'm considering giving myself a little project with my Rolex Milgauss Rep. It was my first ever Rep and was a bit of a cheap one. From memory it has a 21j movement, which isn't quite as smooth ticking as my newer reps. 

Basically, I want to start off my project by popping a better movement in there. 

I don't want to go too OTT on the costs. Because at the end of the day, it's a cheap watch to begin with. 

What movement would you guys recommend? As I've got bugger all experience with actually modifying watches. 

Thanks in advance. 

Check the beat rate on the gen and try and match it with an Asian ETA copy. I'm sure some modders will be along to fully advise you soon. 

I'm aiming for a 28800 bph. I'm assuming my current movement has the 21600 it whatever it is. 

Mighy be a silly question. But. Can a movement with a date wheel be used in a non date watch? If that makes sense...

You should go with an asian 2836-2. It's 28,800 bph, and will fit in your case. You will also need to get a set of milgauss hands, as the ones on your watch will not fit the eta. You're looking at a total cost of around $125 if you do it yourself.

• Like 1

You should go with an asian 2836-2. It's 28,800 bph, and will fit in your case. You will also need to get a set of milgauss hands, as the ones on your watch will not fit the eta. You're looking at a total cost of around $125 if you do it yourself.

any idea where I could get the right Milgauss hands for the job?

Scratch that. I've found a movement for £59 and a set of hands for £9. Sorted!

what other tools would I need for the job?

Many people have tried to swap a 2813 to 2824/36. Your going to struggle. As above the movements are diffrent sizes so are the hands. Are the date wheels in the same place will the new movement date line up with your window ?? Just a few questions to answer before buying parts. Can you link to the parts you say above.

James.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Many people have tried to swap a 2813 to 2824/36. Your going to struggle. As above the movements are diffrent sizes so are the hands. Are the date wheels in the same place will the new movement date line up with your window ?? Just a few questions to answer before buying parts. Can you link to the parts you say above.

James.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There's no date window on a Milgauss...