When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

high quality rolex datejust (1601) with fluted and jubilee?

jorrie

Hi everyone love this forum!

After reading for a long decided to register to ask this question.

Im looking to "build" or get a  date just jubilee fluted bezel 1601 replica or rebuild from original parts.

Mostly online there are some versions that look pretty close to original except the metal of course.

The problem is they are fairly cheap and my budget is a bit higher. 

I expect them to be too "cheap" for my liking, of course nothing beats the real thing but I can't fork 8K for a watch so looking

for a compromise.

Could you guys advice me regarding the best date just jubilee fluted bezel 1601 replica?

I have seen a few on tsswatch that are fairly expensive and advertised as 1-1.

What do you experts think of the quality price or are there better options?

REAL:

This 1966 one is amazing.

The rep below is almost identical but I still like this 1966 one better though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

REP:

1:1 COPY FROM ORIGINAL WATCH.  SWISS QUALITY. All Parts Directly interchangeable with the Genuine... 

MOVEMENT: Asian Clone Rolex 3135 or cheap one is also possible. pref the 3135 is not a good option to expensive

CASE DIAMETER: 36mm

THICKNESS:  12mm

DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Silver Roman Marker

CASE MATERIAL:  Stainless Steel 316F

BRACELET:    Stainless Steel 316F; SS Jubilee Bracelet

FRONT GLASS:  Sapphire Crystal

OTHER:  Waterproof

OTHER: Solid caseback without hologram

BEZEL:  Polished Steel Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Deploryant Clasp

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00

OTHER: No Engraved at Rehaut

OTHER:  The Hands Rotates in The Same Direction when you wind the crown. as same as original watch function. it's only one watch have such function in rep watch market.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.ts-station.co/15838-ro15838-v2-datejust-black-dial-ss-1-1-best-taiwan-asian-3135.html

The problem

The replica seems ok, its around 200 dollars but I expect I would feel a lack of quality from it ( it is of course a replica ) 

I feel Im looking for the ultimate replica and this does not exists so my thoughts where like:

1) I buy a housing only; as spare part and fit it with an replica mechanic

2) Adding a replica wrist band ( since these are quite expensive ) 

3) Adding the other parts fake like a crown and perhaps upgrade those lateron. 

What makes a replica most visible as one is the casing I presume, the wrist band and the watch face with the numbers on it. 

A bit lost im my search currently. 

Edited by jorrie

Welcome aboard! Now it's time to do a lot of reading and studying up! First off, you have to learn that the 1601 DJ has a pie pan dial. They were produced until around 1977 or 78. The 1601 has not ever been replicated by the Chinese rep makers. You probably could build a franken, but I don't recommend that at this point. You might be able to buy a gen for $1500 give or take, if you're patient.

Later DJs were the 16014 and the 16234 for instance. When you buy a rep, it's likely to be either a copy of the 16234 or the more current 116234. The TS watch with the Asian 2836-2 movement wouldn't be a bad first purchase, IMO. Good luck and keep on reading- there's a ton to learn!

Welcome aboard! Now it's time to do a lot of reading and studying up! First off, you have to learn that the 1601 DJ has a pie pan dial. They were produced until around 1977 or 78. The 1601 has not ever been replicated by the Chinese rep makers. You probably could build a franken, but I don't recommend that at this point. You might be able to buy a gen for $1500 give or take, if you're patient.

Later DJs were the 16014 and the 16234 for instance. When you buy a rep, it's likely to be either a copy of the 16234 or the more current 116234. The TS watch with the Asian 2836-2 movement wouldn't be a bad first purchase, IMO. Good luck and keep on reading- there's a ton to learn!

Thank you for the reply,

The one posted above would be indeed a 116234 
Since the selling price is relatively "low" and I had a bit more budget I was still looking around for a 'better one' 
Would there be possible better replica of this type of watch available at other dealers perhaps?

IT does look okay, but there are no reviews online to be found so far thus its always be a guess. 

Building a franken would be fun but frustrating also since im not the most patient person and It would take time to get the items. 
Most of the time second hand rolex parts are really worn out, damaged, so its better to have a good rep than a real broken or damaged one. 
Having seen original second hand watches that are to expensive or are very damaged by years or usage, I would still prefer a new replica one with at least the casing intact. 

From the photos the TS one, does seem like a very close resemblance. 
Perhaps someone here as bought a replica date just and could give me some suggestions on where to look for them. 

They seem not the most popular watch in rep selling ( The submarine seems very popular ) 

Edited by jorrie

The case on the 116234 is different than the previous cases- it's fatter! But since Rolex doesn't make the earlier models anymore, it's all you can buy. You really won't find a better rep unless you get one with a swiss eta or possibly the yuki 3135 copy movement (which may need to be serviced at some point). You could have someone like mymanmatt build you a better franken type of watch, but I still think for a first watch I'd still go with something like the TS watch you have pictures above- it's a good looking watch.

The case on the 116234 is different than the previous cases- it's fatter! But since Rolex doesn't make the earlier models anymore, it's all you can buy. You really won't find a better rep unless you get one with a swiss eta or possibly the yuki 3135 copy movement (which may need to be serviced at some point). You could have someone like mymanmatt build you a better franken type of watch, but I still think for a first watch I'd still go with something like the TS watch you have pictures above- it's a good looking watch.

agreed 

but high demanding, it is indeed EXACT what im "missing" its to "thick" making it less elegant in my opinion.
Look for example at this tudor: 
http://www.chrono24.nl/tudor/oyster-prince-date-day--id3023753.htm
Its just smaller which makes it overal much better looking in my opinion. The new ones where missing something now you pointed it out they are thicker!

Alligoat

If I may ask sir, what would a franken from mymanmatt look like and what price would we be thinking of?

I have even thought of getting a Tudor Glamour date and replace the dail although, it would be almost the same as the date just 
far less expensive same quality steel etc. And it would be less thick. 

Perhaps for me a franken would be really the best option having a original case dail and saving on the wrist band and the internal mechanic. 
Those can always be upgraded lateron, it can be an evolving project. 

Matt could build a DJ with a 16200 type case and which ever dial you chose. Price might be in the $500-750 range maybe- you'd really need to ask Matt.

photo_zpsab909668.jpg

This is a 16200 DJ case that Matt got me with a gen white dial from Yuki that I put together. I used a swiss 2836-1 movement that had been recently serviced. I spent over $500 not counting the cost of the movement which I had taken out of another watch. Being a used swiss eta, I'd figure it's worth $100-200.  

Alligoat, 

Looks really good and something I would be really interested in.
How is it possible to contact matt and would he be interested in doing business? 
I would really appreciate a watch like this and the craftsmanship in making it a reality.

Watch looks really good.

The idea is to elevate it in time to a original wrist band and an original dail; so then only the clock is asian replica and the crown. 
So only the movement and the wrist band are fake and other parts are real? The crown I would not care that much about its not that obvious.

Edited by jorrie

Hi and welcome to the forum. Look for one in the sales areas here and on other rep forums.

Or you can find a nice gen in the 2k range.

A good franken in the $500-1000 range.

Matt is slowing down and I don't think he is taking any new customers. As I said look for one of his builds in the sales area. Also look for Stone P as he has nice DJ's for sale fairly often.

Here is 1983 16014

13D54C14-38DC-42E6-8BE0-90A48E7FBFEA_zpsnm37hvqh.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum. Look for one in the sales areas here and on other rep forums.

Or you can find a nice gen in the 2k range.

A good franken in the $500-1000 range.

Matt is slowing down and I don't think he is taking any new customers. As I said look for one of his builds in the sales area. Also look for Stone P as he has nice DJ's for sale fairly often.

Here is 1983 16014

13D54C14-38DC-42E6-8BE0-90A48E7FBFEA_zpsnm37hvqh.jpg

Really nice,

They say some things are not as they where in the old days, well for me this is true for the vintage rolexes.
The new ones just don't do it for me while they are very nice they seem to be missing some elegance, perhaps soul? 

Have been searching a lot on the board, I have not that much hope that anyone is willing to sell me a watch even if the issues with paypal could be resolved
by using another payment option. Some things really take time and effort to get done. I have been thinking about building one myself but the lack of experience required tools etc all would make it a bit cybersome, lots of fun but takes a lot of patience.

How much would be the total costs of an minimal required set of tools needed to build your own franken?
I have seen topics about it but there was no price mentioned. 
Then also its very hard to obtain the right parts and give it the love it deserves. Perhaps sometime soon a nice DJ would become available in the sell section

Situated in the Netherlands perhaps some enthousiasts could help me with the assemblage

Edited by jorrie

Situated in the Netherlands perhaps some enthousiasts could help me with the assemblage

Check with SSTEEL (here on RWG.cc) Dirk (Zocker4711 onr RWI.info), they're both located in EU. Maybe they can help?

or you can buy this beauty: https://rwg.cc/topic/181855-franken-rolex-datejust-16234-cream-roman-dial

Edited by hologramet
Added link

Thank you for the suggestions hologramet, 

The watch posted looks really nice but is not the one Im looking for. 
After reading another several hours, I think the only option is to build a franken myself actually.
But then you not "just build" one, even if you have all the correct parts. 

Its just not leading to anything even if you have all the information, i guess its just guess trying to build one the first time.
Need a bit of luck and the tools with no reference. 

For the date just mymanmat is mentioned everywhere on every board,
I can assume its a bit frustrating for the newbies that its not possible to order any watch and one must concede with that 
building a franken himself most likely will never look as good as his work even with the right parts.

The parts is the most problematic part.
Its good its not easy, but if one really wants this its very frustrating not being able to find conclusive informations.

I think I just have to leave the idea for the next 2 months because its getting quite an obsession to me.

Edited by jorrie