When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repairing my Pam 111 H-Fac

redroom

I have a PAM 111 H-Fac which has run into some problems. It kept on having the keyless problem where the crown would pull out but I couldn't set the time. This started happening after I had the watch serviced by that old member on here (forgot his name - but the scammer who kept everyone's watches). Anyways, I made the mistake of trying to fix it myself, I had issues getting to the keyless reset part and ended up bending part of one of the plates and in general just screwing up the movement. It could probably be fixed but I'd rather just learn how to replace the movement. Can someone please guide me on whether this is a good idea (cost wise) to try and replace the movement myself? I have no experience working on watches but would like to learn. Where can I find the right movement? I understand that it has the 6497 movement but how do I find the right one with the seconds at 9? Any advice or guidance would be highly appreciated!!

Personally, I'd leave it to the experts to either repair or replace. If they replace it you could ask for the old movement to be returned so you can have a fiddle with it and learn. 

If you actually want to learn about movements I'd start with a couple of cheap 21J watches that you can bugger up errrr work on first.

For me, I just leave it to people who know what they're doing,. Anyway, all my hammers are too big.

Considering the new 6497 comes with sterile bridges, the best is to get just the keyless parts (gen ones from Ofrei or CousinsUK) and replace what has been broken.

The movement isn't a difficult one (the 21j are much more challenging, due to the massive pivot alignment they need to be put back together) but you need first to have some good tools (and they costs) and then practice on something much cheaper (ie: http://stores.ebay.com/worldofvintage-watches?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 ).